Illinois's ABE Exchange-Marketplace

December 11, 2013

Excerpt:
"More than 7,000 Illinois residents signed up for private insurance coverage in the first two months of the troubled HealthCare.gov website, less than 30 percent of the federal government's projection for the state's enrollment at this point of the rollout."

Source: http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20131211/NEWS03/131219942/healthcare-gov-illinois-enrollment-passes-7-000-feds-say#

NOTE: The Federal Government does not know (or will not say) how many applicants have actually PAID for their new January 1, 2014 health insurance plan, and are therefore actual purchasers. They define "sign-ups" as those who have put a plan in their online shopping cart.
-ac

January 6, 2014

Crain's confirms what many of us already knew and/or suspected.

1. Overall, Bronze plans cost less than the Catastrophic plans, even though it was supposed to be the other way around.
2. The majority of Exchange-Marketplace enrollees thus far have been people with health conditions. If this trend continues, ObamaCare will need a major overhaul.

The Full Story: Crain's Chicago Business : Subscription Center
ac

January 6, 2014

Crain's confirms what many of us already knew and/or suspected.

1. Overall, Bronze plans cost less than the Catastrophic plans, even though it was supposed to be the other way around.
2. The majority of Exchange-Marketplace enrollees thus far have been people with health conditions. If this trend continues, ObamaCare will need a major overhaul.

The Full Story: Crain's Chicago Business : Subscription Center
ac

Thank you for sharing. This is a good article. I am always looking for good ones to share with clients and keep up on what is going on.

Did anyone besides me get this letter today from the IL Department of Insurance? If so, did you register yourself? I did.
-Allen

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 4:27 PM
Subject: Get Covered Illinois - Producer Contact Information
To: ilins@..................

Good Afternoon,

The federal government recently informed the Illinois Department of Insurance that you have completed registration requirements for the Health Insurance Marketplace (healthcare.gov). In order to help consumers find assistance in their area, the State of Illinois would like to list contact information for Marketplace-registered producers on the Get Covered Illinois website (www.getcoveredillinois.gov).

The website is the center of a promotional campaign to inform Illinois residents of new options for health coverage available under the Affordable Care Act. Since the site was launched in October, it has received more than 617,650 visits.

If you would like your contact information displayed on the website, please complete the form available at the following link according to the instructions provided:
https://docs.google.com/forms/....................

If you have any questions, please address them to [email protected] (do not reply to this email).

Thank you,

Get Covered Illinois
http://www.getcoveredillinois.gov

Yes, I enrolled myself. I thought it was funny yet unsusual that they are using a google doc form to collect the registration information.

I got the same e-mail sent to me again today requesting that I complete the registration once again because there was a "link error" within the document...or something like that. Our government can't get a online document formatted correctly, but believe that they can control an entire healthcare infrastructure?!!?
ac

July 8, 2015

The Illinois media and most insurers are STILL referring to www.GetCoveredIllinois.org as the Illinois State Exchange. Illinois never created an exchange. GetCoveredIllinois.com is nothing but a website and some out-reach people who direct incoming traffic/inquiries to either the State Medicaid website, or to HealthCare.gov, for enrollment.

But it doesn't matter now, because the GetCoveredIllinois "exchange" is beginning to be phased out...starting with layoffs that are effective July 31, 2015. The Federal seed dollars are drying up, and the state is broke...so it can't help.

Full Story: http://www.chicagobusiness.com/arti...1/jobs-slashed-at-illinois-obamacare-exchange

Back