I'm Done with IFP

I'm not selling it either, I cannot understand how agents think they are going to make a living on the pittance of pay Florida blue is giving for all the work the agents are doing, the doctors are refusing to take it and the agents reputation is on the line when this happens.
I think the whole thing is criminal and will have no part of it. I too have worked to hard for my agency and will not risk it for a few bucks.
Lawsuits are going to begin to fly and i will watch them go right by my window.

Last edited by a moderator:
Initially, I was bombarded with these types of telephone calls, "My deductible increased and my premium increased".
Now...... "my doctor doesn't take my insurance"
In my part of California, I only have Blue Shield EPO, and, Anthem Pathway PPO.
The problem I'm now encountering....
A physician can show as a provider on the carriers web site.
According to the physician, they are not providers.
What a f%@ked up mess!

Initially, I was bombarded with these types of telephone calls, "My deductible increased and my premium increased".
Now...... "my doctor doesn't take my insurance"
In my part of California, I only have Blue Shield EPO, and, Anthem Pathway PPO.
The problem I'm now encountering....
A physician can show as a provider on the carriers web site.
According to the physician, they are not providers.
What a f%@ked up mess!

This has been our biggest problem lately. The online networks can't be trusted. But if you call the front desk to ask, half the people answering the phone have no idea, and the other half will give you information in a confident voice that makes absolutely no sense.

"We accept off exchange Blue Shield CA but not on exchange"
"I'm not sure who we take but i think if you go to this website called C-o-v-e-r-e-d-c-a .com they have a provider directory. If we're on it we take it"

ad infinitum.

Back