IMO/FMO’s that provide free leads

Hi. Does anyone know if there are any IMO/FMO’s out there that provide free leads at a reduced commission, but still fair, or free live transfers for telesales no door to door or zoom?
My agency has a "free lead program with reduced commissions". The leads will be live transfers from people calling the TV commercial....leads just 30 sec old. You can't find a fresher lead anywhere. The platform will be telesales.

We were the first group in the nation to start FE telesales, over a decade before other carriers were forced to because of covid. That was 2004. We have some of the best telesales training in the nation. Great field training too.

We also don't just contract anyone. You and anyone else is welcome to call me for a phone interview @ 252-292-3350...Greg. I'm in the eastern standard time zone.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with starting out with free leads and reduced comp to see if you can make it insurance or you even like it . I also agree that some agents thrive with free leads as there mind is free of the stress of shelling out $1k or more a week in lead costs . That $1k nut stresses many agents out and the pressure kills them .

But that said the free program is nothing but a job . The beauty of insurance is it’s a residual business . When you make 40-70% with free leads you’re giving up 5-7% a month in renewals . Doing $200 k a yr that’s huge money over 5 yrs . . So the IMO’s giving 30-50% free leads in the telesales arena are not only making 100-120% first yr overrides but are making 7-9% overrides on all renewals . Think about that . If your organization even has $30 million of in force premium after 3 yrs that’s about $2.5 million of renewal overrides . Thats just gravy on the back end .The plentiful and cheap access to Tele leads has caused a boom in free lead outfits . But remember how easy it is for these low income bored to tears unemployed people to click 20 ads a day . We shall see over time how persistency is .On the radio yesterday I heard a “ free $600 grocery “ ad for aca and $0 premiums . Call an 1-800# . I bet there phones lit up .

I am personally suprised at the number of people posting high sales numbers working under free leads structures. It does not add up for me personally. I sharpened by skills door knocking and business walkins and sometimes making $80 for the whole week. $20 dollars can be streched in to several days as long as you have milk butter and boxes of Kraft macoroni dinner.

I am personally suprised at the number of people posting high sales numbers working under free leads structures. It does not add up for me personally. I sharpened by skills door knocking and business walkins and sometimes making $80 for the whole week. $20 dollars can be streched in to several days as long as you have milk butter and boxes of Kraft macoroni dinner.

We had a Family Size box tonight. Love it!

Back