In Home Presentation for Auto/Home/Life

Hello, just out of curiousity do they give you leads? Do they not have a main office or somewhere you can work out of?

I am not sure if they have you tag along at all, I have only been in the training class for 3 weeks now, we are just getting into the presentation part of the training. They don't provide you with leads, however, they do have salesgenie in which we are able to pull leads from. They do have a district office which is where the training takes place, but as for a place for you to work out of that is a big negative.

I agree with getting down to business. Patronizing by a virtual stranger is probably going to piss most people off.

Earlier in my career, I collected testimonials from three or four dozen very satisfied clients and put in into a "what do your neighbors think of us?" type of brochure. If I had to leave the appointment without the app. I always left them with some of this type of literature to look at.

We still include testimonials in with every prospect mailing that leaves my office.

Rapport needs to be used with the right prospects and this is how sales is partially talent.

There are prospects you can lose if you don't build rapport, and prospects who would rather scrap their nails down a chalkboard than "shoot the ****" with you - they just want to sign up.

If you can't learn to read your prospects there's gonna be some embarrassing dead air if you launch into "So how 'bout those Bears!"

When I'm sold something I can't stand rapport - give me the details and price and shut up. No, I don't give a c**p that you're married with three kids and if you're son plays soccer that's great - so does mine - now again, shut up and give me the details and price.

Different strokes and all that. If you're dealing with someone who wants you to come to their house and talk insurance, you need to start off with some kind of rapport, else why would they trust you enough to do business?
Anyone who's buying solely on price, will do so over the phone and save you a trip.

Different strokes and all that. If you're dealing with someone who wants you to come to their house and talk insurance, you need to start off with some kind of rapport, else why would they trust you enough to do business?
Anyone who's buying solely on price, will do so over the phone and save you a trip.

That's a good point. Being where I am though and in a different culture, rapport is not only welcome, but demanded. I find that if I don't have my clients laughing at my jokes and pouring their heart to me about their job/hobbies as I'm setting up my presentation, my chances of having a sale drops off significantly.

Like said before - if all your purpose is to talk about the price of an insurance plan and what it comes with, what stops the prospect from just calling your carrier directly and buying it over the phone, saving themselves the inconvenience (and possible risk) of sitting down with a salesman?

"Even my dog knows he should try to lick my face before he begs"

You need to lick some face first.

I read that in a book, good advice, you do need to find things in common with prospect in case your price and service are equal you can earn the business on the referral or similar hobbies kids on same sports team etc.

Different insurance sales presentations work for every type of personality. For me, it seems like people lose respect when I go to their house. I prefer for them to come to my office.

There is a method to the madness. You do have to know who you insure, and getting to know them a bit helps a lot in the longrun.

The trick is to match personality types. A type 'A' driver style personality doesn't deal with the smalltalk BS. Straight to the bottom line. Others will give you their life story without you even asking. Just follow along after your first question or two, mirror them, you'll do well. As time goes on, you'll start to feel more comfortable weaving questions into the presentation.

The one thing I strongly disagree with Farmers / State Farm / Allstate (pick your captive P&C agency) is that the client does NOT want an education in insurance, they just want to know that their problem will be taken care of. Once you figure out how to not push to hard on trying to teach them everything you know, you'll do well.

Here's the thing.... you'll blow your 2nd, 3rd, 5th presentations, and many more. Don't worry about it. Move on to the next, but take a moment to think about what you could have said, should have said, differently. Learn from the errors, improve next time. Don't try to cookie cutter everyone into the same thing or same presentation. You work for them, act like their advisor, not a salesman, you'll do extremely well.

Dan

Back