Independent Agents - Can You be a Part of a Cluster but Also Have Different Company Appointments?

Not sure if this is a dumb question as I am just delving into the independent world. I want to be appointed by a company that is outside of a cluster I am looking into. Would that be possible?

Not sure if this is a dumb question as I am just delving into the independent world. I want to be appointed by a company that is outside of a cluster I am looking into. Would that be possible?

From a 10,000 foot level - Yes, but....its complicated.

Closer to the ground - you can do this but you need to have your ducks in a row. You will want to very cafefully review your contracts with each insurer and each MGA/Cluster. For some clusters its no big deal. Other clusters it could be a bit of a problem. However if you are organized, it should not be an issue.

When applying with a new MGA, Cluster, or Whatever tell them which appointments you already have and confirm that there are no rules about you getting your own appointments, not through the cluster.

Yes, many networks allow for this.

Our networks asks that you write the business through us if we can provide the relationship, but if we can't secure the carrier for the agency, by all means have at it!

Our process is straight forward, you jump on the website and submit the request, and get an approval.

Just make sure to color between the lines and notify the network, and you should have no issues whatsoever.

Some networks won't allow for it. They want all the business.

Back