Index Annuities for Payroll Deduction?

Annuity investors was the variable line, then they made a shift and the great American products became single premium and the flexible products went to annuity investors and they had a whole direct contracting thing going on.

For your question as of 2 years ago you could fund a flexible premium IA as an IRA with 600 per year ie 50 per month.

I just noticed Mass has some 403b flyers on their marketing site, any experience with Mass for 403b's? Only out of curiosity...

I just noticed Mass has some 403b flyers on their marketing site, any experience with Mass for 403b's? Only out of curiosity...

I work backwards in selecting products to sell 403b market. First I see what carriers are approved by a school system, then I see if I can be appointed to sell them and then finally I select the products to sell.

What experience are you looking for? Peter is correct. The only thing that matters is what is approved within that school district.

But beyond that, it is a Mass VA.... so it is a good as a Mass VA is good.

They will have a TPA that will not be Mass who administers the plan. That is where the real headache usually comes into play with a 403b.

What experience are you looking for? Peter is correct. The only thing that matters is what is approved within that school district.

But beyond that, it is a Mass VA.... so it is a good as a Mass VA is good.

They will have a TPA that will not be Mass who administers the plan. That is where the real headache usually comes into play with a 403b.

Thank you for the follow up Tyler. How are Mass' variable annuities? I thought they were unpopular due to the high fees...

Thank you for the follow up Tyler. How are Mass' variable annuities? I thought they were unpopular due to the high fees...

I have no clue. All VAs suck imo...

If you are interested in selling 403Bs in your area you should google the local school district + 403b and find their benefits page and info on approved carriers. Approved carriers can change on a yearly basis so you need to see what is current.

Valic, Horace Man, Annuity Investors and then a few random others are the usual suspects in my area.

Tyler has already touched on this, and I know you spent time on top gun producers and one thing Rick was definitely right about was not trying to fit a square product in a round hole.

In regards to how good is Mass Mutual annuity in the 403b market I have no idea in the 80 some odd school districts I worked I never ran Into one and only in one district did I ever find them on an approved list and the payroll said they only had 1 older employee using them and this was pre 2009 when everything changed.

Latest posts

Back