Indiana to Idaho Med Supp Question

Agree on Mutual. Rate changes on move. On Aetna it sounds like I didn't say it well. Like you, I have had to rewrite cases where the client moves to a lower premium zip to get the lower premium.

No you said it perfectly well. I was just reiterating what you said in that they don't automatically change the rate on a move like some carriers do.

Well I am not licensed in Idaho. How does that affect things? Should I just write him with Aetna? If the rates are good there?

And his zip, the current zip that is, Aetna, CSI, Medico, Philadelphia American are all within a few bucks of each other.

He will move out there more than six months after his 65th birthday and his health may disqualify him for underwritten. And he prefers to be on a plan before he would ever have to be asked any health questions.

With me not being licensed in Idaho be an issue for renewals, making address changes etc?

Well I am not licensed in Idaho. How does that affect things? Should I just write him with Aetna? If the rates are good there?

And his zip, the current zip that is, Aetna, CSI, Medico, Philadelphia American are all within a few bucks of each other.

He will move out there more than six months after his 65th birthday and his health may disqualify him for underwritten. And he prefers to be on a plan before he would ever have to be asked any health questions.

With me not being licensed in Idaho be an issue for renewals, making address changes etc?

Go ahead and write him with who is competitive in Indiana. Sounds like he will be "stuck" on that plan since he wouldn't be able to switch once he moves.

You should still get renewals since you are licensed in the state in which it was written.

No you said it perfectly well. I was just reiterating what you said in that they don't automatically change the rate on a move like some carriers do.

In regards to Aetna You said "They dont automatically change". That was my point. If they are rewritten even then they don't "change" they are rated for their new policy based on their zip.

I have never had a clients rate change just because they move. Maybe a couple of them have changed their procedures. The old MOO United World never did this.

I have never had a clients rate change just because they move. Maybe a couple of them have changed their procedures. The old MOO United World never did this.

Sure they did. I've got one on the books now that was written in 2007. She moved from Georgia to New York and her rates are based on her New York zip code. Has been that way since she moved in 2009.

Must be all those Plan N's you wrote.

Sure they did. I've got one on the books now that was written in 2007. She moved from Georgia to New York and her rates are based on her New York zip code. Has been that way since she moved in 2009.

Must be all those Plan N's you wrote.

It never happened to me so that is odd. Maybe it is just certain states, you seem to have a lot of experience in this area so not sure why you weren't forthcoming with this info until after I posted to the OP.

It never happened to me so that is odd. Maybe it is just certain states, you seem to have a lot of experience in this area so not sure why you weren't forthcoming with this info until after I posted to the OP.

He might have been working.

It's quite possible I didn't read this thread when it was first posted. I know that might seem like a foreign concept to you, but it happens.

Ok while I appreciate the rivalry. Feels like a PG version of the FE forum. ;)

But I'm still unclear as to what is going to happen and what the best course of action for my client is?

Back