Individual Cancer Policy Guidance

I don't know if I would write Central United. A while back they were part of a class action law suit for not paying their cancer claims like they were supposed to. They might have cleaned up their act but if you write someone and they do a web search of them that will pop up. Hard to explain to a client that you wrote them a company who has a history of not paying their claims. Just my opinion.

They were paying them them the same way they pay them now. It involved the interpretation of Usual and Customary charges. Palintiffs lawyers contended it should be the "billed charge".. CUL contended it should be the charge that the providers actually charged the insurance companies. For example if the client was billed $5000.00 but the provider accepted $3000.00 as payment in full from the insured's health insurance comapny, CUL pays based on the $3K not the 5K.

There is now language in the policy to clarify how they determine U&C charges. I just had them pay a claim in two days. Client was very happy with what was paid.

Almost every health company has complaints about them on the internet.

Back