[Insurance Agent] Looking for Patient Advocacy Service - Parents Have an Uninsured Child that Needed

I'm going to do what I can to help them out, but hoping I can find someone with more experience negotiating medical bills for the uninsured.

Yes, they should have had the kid covered.. nothing I can do about that now.

Re: [Insurance Agent] Looking for Patient Advocacy Service - Parents Have an Uninsured Child that Needed Emergency Surge

There are company that do that, one that comes to mind is hhc group in Maryland.

Re: [Insurance Agent] Looking for Patient Advocacy Service - Parents Have an Uninsured Child that Needed Emergency Surge

Have them contact social services in their state. If they couldn't afford coverage for their child, they should be able to find help. This may depend on the state they're in. Mine fortunately will cover low income kids that need insurance.

Have them contact social services in their state. If they couldn't afford coverage for their child, they should be able to find help. This may depend on the state they're in. Mine fortunately will cover low income kids that need insurance.

Yeah.. we're doing that as well, but the surgery has already happened and that is going to be covered retroactively. Best case scenario is that the child gets covered under Medicaid starting date of application (today) but that still leaves us with the surgery and 2 days in the hospital.

Yeah.. we're doing that as well, but the surgery has already happened and that is going to be covered retroactively. Best case scenario is that the child gets covered under Medicaid starting date of application (today) but that still leaves us with the surgery and 2 days in the hospital.

Some hospitals will simply write it off. Have the parties get with the hospital billing department and provide them with the details and the inability to pay.

Many if not most hospitals have charity organizations that will cover the costs.

Back