Insurance Claim Offer

InsInq

When my claim was first submitted the Insurance Company offered me verbally to pay half of damages. I was told this was the maximum that they would pay, so I felt I had no option but to agree to their unfair and unrealistic offer. Otherwise I figured they would deny paying anything. I never felt their offer was fair, but was tricked into accepting it by being told that was all they would pay. (It would take too long to mention all details)

There has not been any written agreement to this offer, only verbal. At this point it is only an offer.

My questions are, can I still dispute this offer?
Is an offer negotiable even after agreeing to it?

When my claim was first submitted the Insurance Company offered me verbally to pay half of damages. I was told this was the maximum that they would pay, so I felt I had no option but to agree to their unfair and unrealistic offer. Otherwise I figured they would deny paying anything. I never felt their offer was fair, but was tricked into accepting it by being told that was all they would pay. (It would take too long to mention all details)

There has not been any written agreement to this offer, only verbal. At this point it is only an offer.

My questions are, can I still dispute this offer?
Is an offer negotiable even after agreeing to it?

Yes you can still dispute the offer. Just don't cash the check!

To get any sort of real answer, you need to provide far more details. Why would they only pay for half? That is not normal, but it does happen sometimes for legit reasons

Is this a home claim, auto claim, business claim, medical claim, life claim or liability or ??????

How long has this been going on?

Is it a claim that hit policy limits on something?

What is the general size of the claim? Are we talking $1000, $10,000 or $100,000 or more?

Dan

To get any sort of real answer, you need to provide far more details. Why would they only pay for half? That is not normal, but it does happen sometimes for legit reasons

Is this a home claim, auto claim, business claim, medical claim, life claim or liability or ??????

What is the general size of the claim? Are we talking $1000, $10,000 or $100,000 or more?

Dan

All very important questions!! I didn't understand paying 1/2, of what for what?

Dan

Sadly, this thread is from September. I'd say the OP is long gone.

Back