Insurance Is A Tough Business

I do agree that there is tough competition in the insurance business due to availability of large number of insurance providers. Selling is a tough part of it and finding new ways to help existing customers and potential customers is also really complicated.

This is a tough business.

When I first started I wondered why everyone wasn't doing it.

I have ran three different businesses and all of them were tough. Tell me what business isn't tough? Just ask Kmart and Sears.

I drank the koolaid when I started. I'm making about 1/3 of what they claimed was the first year average.

I feel like I was better when I was new. Almost full time for a year now and debating on even renewing my licenses.
I'm not stupid. Just feel that perhaps talking to people is not my strong point. Analysis of data is more my forte.

Sheldon - how many appointments are you running each week? This is a numbers game - the more people you see the more sales you make and the money you earn. You don't have to be super-salesguy, just set lots of appointments and the sales happen,

I have never found the insurance business to be a "tough business", especially when compared to other types of business.

Back