Insuranti???

I have been with Insuranti for over 6 months. I have never been told that this business was going to be easy. I have never been told to purchase leads from Lead Ranger. Actually, they will allow you to use your "lead funds" however you see fit, as long as they are used to perpetuate your business. I use a number of sources. Insuranti's key carrier is Assurant but offers appointments with over 20 different life and health carriers. And UA is not one of them. Assurant has restructured their contract with Insuranti for '09 and the commissions are much stronger.
The only reason I would suggest Insuranti is because there is a ton of training available, they have a management structure that is engaged with their downline. There is a ton of knowledge within the company. I didn't want to reinvent the wheel. I felt that my biggest obstacle getting started was staying motivated, education and having people who could answer my questions.
-Something I could not get as a independent broker.
They are a newer company going into their 3rd year but their goal is to continue staying ahead of the curve. As far as the management goes... You can't fund a company like this unless you were successful. Regardless of where they came from they were successful in their business. They also realize that the business has changed. They aren't holding on to the past.

If you have not settled on a GA or a Captive Agency get in contact with me and I will take you onto our agent website so you can see what some of the other agents are doing for production. They also have a conference call every Wednesday night for prospective agents.

But who am I? I've only sipped on the kool-aid. Didn't swallow it though.

Assurant has restructured their contract with Insuranti for '09 and the commissions are much stronger.

Maybe, but even so , Time is not competitive in most situations in Georgia. The only product worth offering is One Deductible and it is usually 20% higher than comparable plans.

Time wants to give me free leads and bump my comp by 20% in exchange for $100k in volume. The only way to achieve that is to lie to my clients.

I see no reason to compromise my ethics.

Just curious, Steven Hale . . . are you in a recruiting mode for Insuranti?

No, I just felt that there was a few posts from folks that don't have first hand knowledge. To be balanced I wanted to respond. I started on my own and found out real quick that unless you are putting up big numbers it was hard getting anyone to answer the "newbies" questions. I am still licensed with a couple carriers that are not in the Insuranti lineup. But I do like Assurants 1 deductible plan with a 2 and 3 year rate guarantee. I am looking at GTL IBG as a backup instead of Golden Rule. Aetna doesn't pay and I'm not crazy about their products or rate guarantees or lack of. Coventry has very strict underwriting guidelines.
I looked for a non-captive company with experience behind that would allow me to grow without re-inventing the wheel.
By the way I am at 23% for insuranti + 1.5% going back to a lead account.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Somarco
Out of curiosity out of all the carriers you are appointed with do you focus on any in particular or do you use a quoting software to narrow it down for your client?

Last edited:
I am replying to the original question in this thread....

Their main carrier is Assurant? How?

Also their commish on Assurant from the info on their site seem to start at 15%. What the heck?

And why would any agent want to give up their $$ to be in someone's downline and have to send in reports, or be in a team?

Most if not every single successful agent I know views themselves as a business owner not an employee.

If you need that team feeling join the IHIAA.

It's a great play for someone with no experience in the business. They don't require reports but do run the business kind of like a captive company. They stay engaged with their agents. If you have the experience or the time to learn from your own mistakes then I would say negotiate on your own. I spent way too much money on leads my first few months in the business and wish I would have found this forum sooner or had other people to throw ideas at. But I didn't thats why I started looking for a GA. But I hear you on the points. I wanted the ability to grow a team and not have to worry about the backend. I gave up some points for that. But as a regional my commission structure is higher then a new agent. But they aren't holding anyone back. As far as the carriers they offer, man I really can't say anything there are a ton of agents making a good living slinging NASE. It's all in what you know.
I am always open to suggestions that's why I am on this forum. And no I am not recruiting. But man if they are signing my checks right now.........
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have to at least throw in my two cents and defend what they are trying to do.

Last edited:
Yeah this wasn't a slam against what your organization does/is about. The OP wanted opinions regarding the opportunity, just shared my thoughts on the deal. No offense.

Also let me ask a question...

Why should an independent agent go with your organization over HCO, AHCP, Todd, General Health Agent, etc...so on and so forth. What does Insuranti bring to the table that these other GA/MGA's does not?

Last edited:
Out of curiosity out of all the carriers you are appointed with do you focus on any in particular or do you use a quoting software to narrow it down for your client?

Quotit + medical history and carrier underwriting guides.

Yeah this wasn't a slam against what your organization does/is about. The OP wanted opinions regarding the opportunity, just shared my thoughts on the deal. No offense.

Also let me ask a question...

Why should an independent agent go with your organization over HCO, AHCP, Todd, General Health Agent, etc...so on and so forth. What does Insuranti bring to the table that these other GA/MGA's does not?

That I couldn't answer. I don't know enough about some of the others that you mentioned. In fairness I couldn't give feedback unless I had first hand knowledge or new someone that did. What drew me to the company was the fact that I knew an agent with them and I called other agents to get their feedback on the orginization. I was looking for a company I could grow with, have input on operations, one that has a good management structure that I could learn from and one that had an advancement opportunity available to the agents that wanted it. Trust me I speak with people everyday that are point hunting and there are some trade offs. But I wanted to learn as much as I possibly could. If I want to go out on my own once I feel comfortable I will entertain an agency agreement with them. I am by no means saying that they are the best thing since sliced bread but I know there are another 400 agents that have given them a shot. If it didn't work out they moved on. But there are alot of agents making very good money with the company.

Back