Insuring Cheap Chinese Scooters

robb01

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Anyone else having a problem placing these cheap chinese scooters? I've got 3 carriers that do motorcycles/scooters. Progressive will only offer liability on these scooters because the parts are near impossible to source (thats what they told me on the phone).

The other company doesn't want a stand alone scooter policy, and the third is outrageous in price.

So, which companies offer full coverage on these things?

Anyone else having a problem placing these cheap chinese scooters? I've got 3 carriers that do motorcycles/scooters. Progressive will only offer liability on these scooters because the parts are near impossible to source (thats what they told me on the phone).

The other company doesn't want a stand alone scooter policy, and the third is outrageous in price.

So, which companies offer full coverage on these things?

Are you talking about FULL COVERAGE? Those things are the Bic Lighters of vehicles. You break one part, you just chuck it up in the dumpster and go get another one.

Tell your company I have a pogo stick I need full coverage on too.

Why would you want full coverage on a cheap chinese scooter? Maybe we aren't talking the same thing... do you have a link to a webpage with a sample scooter?

I'm picturing this as putting insurance on my bicycle. Let's see, I'd like a $500 deductible on my $485 bicycle.....

Dan

Why would you want full coverage on a cheap chinese scooter? Maybe we aren't talking the same thing... do you have a link to a webpage with a sample scooter?

I'm picturing this as putting insurance on my bicycle. Let's see, I'd like a $500 deductible on my $485 bicycle.....

Dan

That is what I'm imagining too. He said cheap, maybe we have different definitions of cheap.

well, "cheap" meaning ~1-3k, so some people have to take out loans to buy them, thus requiring full coverage.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Are you talking about FULL COVERAGE? Those things are the Bic Lighters of vehicles. You break one part, you just chuck it up in the dumpster and go get another one.

Tell your company I have a pogo stick I need full coverage on too.

thats pretty much what Progressive told me, they said they used to offer full coverage but were finding it impossible to get them repaired

Last edited:
Wasting you time... say you are sorry that you can't help them and move on. IF IF IF you could get coverage, it would be how much??? $100? $300???? x .15% or .10% ??? I wouldn't waste for than 30 seconds on this.

RW

Just tell them to buy two of them and use one for a parts bike.

Problem solved.

Latest posts

Back