Insuring Compacts

Henry_L

I'm looking into leasing a compact sedan. Nissan Versa, Kia Forte, Mazda CX30 & VW Jetta on my short list.

When I first started checking insurance I was told that Kias were very difficult and expensive to insure (After my own research I learned this was specific to 2021 and earlier Kias).

My question for those more familiar with compact sedan insurance: would the cost be generally consistent for those on my list? Or is there a specific make/model to avoid or favor? Please feel free to reference models not on my list.

Thanks all.

I'm looking into leasing a compact sedan. Nissan Versa, Kia Forte, Mazda CX30 & VW Jetta on my short list.

When I first started checking insurance I was told that Kias were very difficult and expensive to insure (After my own research I learned this was specific to 2021 and earlier Kias).

My question for those more familiar with compact sedan insurance: would the cost be generally consistent for those on my list? Or is there a specific make/model to avoid or favor? Please feel free to reference models not on my list.

Thanks all.

Well, first of all, why are you leasing?

a decision based on my circumstances as a senior.

Fair enough. If you have an agent you work closely with, they should be able to quote based on year, make and model for each of those to give you an idea. Out of your list, I'm partial to the Mazda's. I've owned a pile of them and they've all been great cars

Don't go with a Kia or Hyundai. Here in NY they are largely uninsurable because of very high theft/comp claims. Even though old models are/were being stolen, criminals are breaking into the new ones too and damaging the steering column trying to steal them.

Back