Interesting tidbit for noobs

If I remember correctly doesn't GR have a wierd exclusion or limitation on ovaries? I don't sell them much and could be wrong. Maybe someone with more GR experience might know.

Check the back section of the GR brochure in your state for the exact terminology for exclusions/limitations on anything related to reproductive organs for the 1st 6 months...

I found it on page 14 of the brochure. To much info sometimes I can't remember specifics.

Are ya'll saying that you can't have the 3 kids on the same plan and mom on a separate plan? In Va. with anthem and assurant, I thought it was ok to do it that way.

It is ok in VA to do that w/ those companies. Aetna is a different animal.

What is happening is that Aetna charges a family rate that is the same whether you have 2 children or 5+ children. So when they put the mom on one plan and rated her up they left the children on a seperate plan charging for each child. This caused an increase in rates. As far as I know this is unique to Aetna in the individual market. But I could be wrong.

Makes sense. Thanks Steph.

Thanks for the heads up on the Ovary Cyst exclusion. I was reading GRs brochure this morning and remember reading that. I will make certain she understands it.

Last edited:
Back