Introduction - I'm a State Farm Team Member Sales Rep

Yea i havent price shopped life but interesting to know. However, if i were to shop life i wouldnt want a company that wasnt reputable and i dont wanna call a 1800 number thats terrible. Agree with ya on the p and c on the cheaper is not always better of course

Ah the old, "pay more for our plan because you won't have to call some 1800 number when you have a problem". What a sham.

I think i pay my producers MORE than state farm pays their agents

I would not be surprised if you do.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yea i havent price shopped life but interesting to know. However, if i were to shop life i wouldnt want a company that wasnt reputable and i dont wanna call a 1800 number thats terrible. Agree with ya on the p and c on the cheaper is not always better of course

It is nice to have a local agent but sometimes they can't do anything. At one time I was insured on my personal vehicles with SF but had commercial vehicles with Cinncinnati. My new Chevy work truck was hit by a young guy in a Mustang insured with SF. They wanted to put an aftermarket bumper on my new truck. I wanted O.E.M. I talked to my agent but to no avail. I had to pay the difference and then my insurance company had to subrogate against SF. It made me so mad I dropped SF for my personal stuff and would never use SF again.

Last edited:
Yea i havent price shopped life but interesting to know. However, if i were to shop life i wouldnt want a company that wasnt reputable and i dont wanna call a 1800 number thats terrible.

That is a very poor objection that training managers like to repeat to green agents who dont know any better.

Sure there are bad life companies out there.

But when I say "top players" I mean the most competitive A+ Rated Life Companies. Not some bottom of the barrel company.

Prudential for example is a good bit less than SF. So is MetLife, Transamerica, Lincoln Financial; just to name a few.

Their customer service is every bit as good as SF, or any other major carrier.

Its one thing to sell a higher priced product. I used to be a career agent with NYL, I did it every day.
But to only get a 20% comp is extremely unethical in my opinion.

Most captive agents get around 50%-60% on term

Not only do you have to sell a more expensive product, but you get paid less than half the going rate to sell it.
So to make the same income as other agents in the industry, you have to sell MORE of one of the most expensive products in the market.
And there are better and lower priced life products out there.

Back