Invoked appraisal clause and insurance company is uncooperative!

Well I found quite a few including True Car between 15,900 and 16,500... my vehicle was clean no accident vehicle inside and out.....aside from the money the company is offering, the adjuster is not answering emails as to why they have not had appraiser in touch with mine to get this settled....and not giving us the company name they are using...shady and they are unnecessarily delaying...this is day number 38
The ones I saw on trucar with higher prices had much less mileage than yours

Just insurance companies being insurance companies. They just threw put a lowball offer to try to save themselves money hoping you'd grab it and run. Now, they are dragging their feet to put you in a bad spot hoping you will get in a pinch and take it.. Good job of disputing it. Just don't expect their brainwashed adjuster to be helpful. Three things they hate - diminished value inspectors, private adjusters, and customers that just don't fall in line.

A good book demonstrating this tactic is Delay, Deny, Defend by Jacob Feinman. Theres a definite tactic to how they handle all claims - auto, home, health - and its dispicable.

Last edited:
That's generally how it works with auto claims. The insurance companies and their field team take full advantage of every opportunity to save money at the consumer's expense.

Here's another good one to read :

Just insurance companies being insurance companies. They just threw put a lowball offer to try to save themselves money hoping you'd grab it and run. Now, they are dragging their feet to put you in a bad spot hoping you will get in a pinch and take it.. Good job of disputing it. Just don't expect their brainwashed adjuster to be helpful. Three things they hate - diminished value inspectors, private adjusters, and customers that just don't fall in line.

A good book demonstrating this tactic is Delay, Deny, Defend by Jacob Feinman. Theres a definite tactic to how they handle all claims - auto, home, health - and its dispicable.
Can't say State Farm has ever handled my claims in that manner...Over the years I have had 3 total loss claims with them. One due to an accident and the other two caught on fire.. In all three cases, their first offer, which I accepted, was more than fair. Each time it was more than I would have sold the car for.

That's generally how it works with auto claims. The insurance companies and their field team take full advantage of every opportunity to save money at the consumer's expense.

Here's another good one to read :

Ever have something good to sy about your carrier?

Ever have something good to sy about your carrier?

Sure. I like Erie and have found them to be very helpful and flexible and respectful. They are consistently ranked as the best with claims handling by consumers for a reason.

I deal with many insurance companies and see the tactics everyday. In most cases, the insurance company steps way over the boundary as a 'payer', because the general public isn't educated. They know the consumer is overly trusting that the insurance company has their best interest in mind and take advantage of it. That's a big mistake.

Can't say State Farm has ever handled my claims in that manner...Over the years I have had 3 total loss claims with them. One due to an accident and the other two caught on fire.. In all three cases, their first offer, which I accepted, was more than fair. Each time it was more than I would have sold the car for.

As long as you are happy, that's all that matters. You probably have a great agent, too. The majority of claims are handled, like the original poster's situation.

Last edited:
Back