Invoked appraisal clause and insurance company is uncooperative!

As long as you are happy, that's all that matters. You probably have a great agent, too. The majority of claims are handled, like the original poster's situation.
I would say that the majority of Claims are handled correctly, fairly, and quickly. There is always room for improvement and there is always room for education

I would say that the majority of Claims are handled correctly, fairly, and quickly. There is always room for improvement and there is always room for education
The only time I have had a problem with a company was when I used Allstate back in the 70s. And, then it was not really the company but the fact my agent lied to me when he took my application. I was able to come out OK after some hard nosed negotiating with the claim dept.

I can tell you that varies by the insurance company. Some are very good and some are very, very bad with the claims experience. My experience says that the "majority" do not handle them correctly, fairly, or quickly and instead prey on an uneducated public in ways that solely benefit the insurance company's pocket. The best part is that most consumers never even know its happening and smile at the end and say "Thank You".

Back