Ipad Pro vs PC Laptop touchscreen for in home signed applications

ProducerJon

Hello to all,
I am a new agent and in pursuit of just the right tools to help aid in simplicity and success. It seems that the iPad Pro 12.9" is the popular choice among my colleagues because of the touch screen capability to obtain mobile signatures on applications. I have always been a dedicated Mac user (and own an iPad 9.7" which is clearly too small for reviewing contracts/information with clients). After testdriving the iPad Pro 12.9" with the Apple Magic keyboard (and other less expensive 3rd party keyboard options), it feels cumbersome and it is very expensive, so I am looking for other options. I am considering a 15" PC laptop with touch screen (for signatures). The idea of a larger screen surface has much appeal to me. I request and welcome your experience regarding the pros and cons of either the iPad Pro 12.9" or a PC Laptop with touchscreen.

Thank you!!
ProcucerJon

It can depend on which companies you're planning to write for.

Since COVID and Zoom has become a household name, I *believe* that most companies have their own e-app and signature process. Some might even have digital policy delivery. All from the neutral zone of browsers.

I'm a PC guy and I suspect I always will be. Even if I get a Mac, I'll run Windows on parallels or whatever.

Most insurance companies that are requiring an illustration primarily have their system either online or for a Windows computer for a desktop app.

So it really depends on who you're writing for and your mode of business.

(and own an iPad 9.7" which is clearly too small for reviewing contracts/information with clients)

I've been using 9.7 inch iPad pro for four years with nom problem. imo, the 12.9 is unwieldy, as would be a laptop. I have a Microsoft Surface Pro, but the touchscreen crapped out just over one year (out of warranty), so no more MS products for me.

Also, use the Apple smart keyboard. Those 3rd party keyboards have connectivity issues. Last thing you need is to be 90% through an iGo eApp and your keyboard quits and the iGo website thinks you're gone and closes the app without having saved it.

I do powerpoint presentations on the iPad, no problem. The client will not have to see a contract or application on your iPad. If you do need to show something then zoom in and show them.

The logitech Combo keyboard for the iPad 10.2 has been incredible. The casing is super hard and the keyboard has been flawless . I’ve done 100’s of apps with zero issues .What i liked was the bullet proof casing in the event i drop it .Both the keyboard and computer are one charge.

Back