Is Anybody Hiring New Agents in Tampa ?

CCWriter

Expert
I'm a "newbie" in Tampa, Fl. ( licensed P/C only 2 months ago ) and have had only 1 interview. I've had some people from Banker's Life and Afflac contact me, but I want to sell Commercial P/C or Personal Lines . Any advise or help would be gladly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Is ANYBODY Hiring NEW Agents in Tampa ???

I called AND sent out resumes to about 40+ local agencies. There have been a "few" advertisements listed online ... and those are ones looking for 1-2+ years experience. Entry- level openings seem nonexistent to this point.

I would go and knock on doors, ask for the owner, and introduce yourself.
You will probably secure a position rather quickly.
At one time, the owner did not have experience either.

Besides, that is what you will be doing everyday as a p/c salesperson, or in any sales position for that matter, knocking on doors and making phone calls.

Post of the day jerry176. In this kind of economy only pikers fax resumes and post their resume on Monster or Yahoo. People who really want work will hit the pavement with resumes in tow.

I called AND sent out resumes to about 40+ local agencies. There have been a "few" advertisements listed online ... and those are ones looking for 1-2+ years experience. Entry- level openings seem nonexistent to this point.

As previous posters have said, you're gonna have to get a LOT more aggressive than that.

Ever hear of the three types of people in the world?

- Those that MAKE things happen.
- Those that WATCH things happen.
- Those who WONDER what happened.

If you were hiring someone, which would you want?

As previous posters have said, you're gonna have to get a LOT more aggressive than that.

Ever hear of the three types of people in the world?

- Those that MAKE things happen.
- Those that WATCH things happen.
- Those who WONDER what happened.

If you were hiring someone, which would you want?

Someone with a great rack!

Rick

I do personal lines right over the bridge in north St. Pete. I might be interested in talking to you. PM for my email address.

FL P&C Broker- I am an experienced Health and Life agency in Tampa. I am interested in breaking in to P&C. Perhaps there is some sort of symbiotic relationship potential. Can you send me an email at [email protected]? Thanks!

In PC agencies, you probably would start out as an CSR and handle a block of business. Only after you know what you are doing would they turn you loose to sell. Just a thought.

Back