Is fraudulent business jeopardizing the FE market?

A lot of it is the way they do things. As JD said they sneak things into the agreement and you have to agee to them in order to sign inot the portal. this was one several years ago.

No renewal commission shall be earned, or become payable, unless: (i) the overall business submitted by Agent/Manager to the Company has a persistency level of no less than 65%; and (ii) Agent’s/Manager’s overall business with the Company includes 25 or more in-force, premium-paying policies or annuity contracts. No paid-up or reduced-paid-up policy or annuity contract shall be considered to be premium-paying.

Sounds innocent enough utill you hear people say the used the persistency clause to stop their renewals after termination. The way they count persistency, everyone will go to 0% P! persistency after 1 year of not producing business. The less than 25 in force policies was not required in my original contract.. Consider if your average premium is $85 per month and you have 24 policies on the books, then you are going to lose $1600.00 per year. I know it is not a lot but it is just the idea of it. An agent that is retired can use that money just as much as the company.

JD has already covered many of the other problems. There are too many companies out there that are much easier to do business with. (and I used to sing their praises, but they have changed over the years)

Thanks,

Back