Is InsuranceLeads.com a Scam?

One thing that you won't find very much on the forum is an agent saying I wasn't successful with this particular lead company because I didn't know my products, and I don't know how to close sales on the phone.

Buying leads before you learn your products from top to bottom or before you learn phone skills is a waste of your money and your time, and you will be out of the business trying to pay off your credit card debt.

There's a few threads here about them already. Your leads WILL get called by 7-8 agents, so I would try to target local leads that you can actually sit down and meet with. We bought about $550 worth of leads in addition to the $200 in free leads we got. With our filters, that amounted to ~30-35 leads. We sold two of them, one was $6k premium and the other was a $4k premium, so the ROI was good, but working the leads was a pain in the ass. We also have another case pending that's about $1800, but may not go anywhere.

Life deals?
Health?
I calculate about 15 - 16 gabronies a pop.
Did you get movie tickets with those?
Or is that factoring in the introductory $200 freebee?
That means $20 a pop ...?
I'm thinking exclusive at that price?
And local?
Would you go there again without said freebee?
Sounds like decent r.o.i ... watcha b*tch'n bout?
What do you mean "work'n the lead was a pain in the *ss?"
How so?

Last edited:
Life deals?
Health?
I calculate about 15 - 16 gabronies a pop.
Did you get movie tickets with those?
Or is that factoring in the introductory $200 freebee?
That means $20 a pop ...?
I'm thinking exclusive at that price?
And local?
Would you go there again without said freebee?
Sounds like decent r.o.i ... watcha b*tch'n bout?
What do you mean "work'n the lead was a pain in the *ss?"
How so?

Life leads, didn't buy any health leads from them. The leads were about $22 each if I remember, got a few credits for bad ones. Those were for shared leads filtered for $250k+ coverage amount and over 55 years old. We only used zip codes that were local or in high-income areas in a couple other states that we sell in. The leads were a pain in the ass to work because every time I would call someone after instantly getting the lead, 9 out of 10 would tell me I'm the 4th person to call in the last 5 minutes. I put in a test lead myself and got 8 calls, which is supposedly their maximum they sell to. They told us the leads on average were sold 4 times in the zip codes we chose, when they were really sold 8 times. On the test lead I sent in, I got called from 2 people who said they bought the lead through Netquote and one person who bought it through Insureme.

When I call people, I don't want them to feel like I'm beating them down for a few minutes of their time. We get leads from BudgetLife too and sometimes they even call us after they get the auto-response. One called us the other day before we had a chance to call them....could be a $6-10k case. Sure didn't have anyone call us from something that came out of insuranceleads.com.

Back