Is it Possible to make living sooner than 2 years if..

It has been 2 years since dsugar posted originally. Does anyone know how he/she performed? I did a search under username and didn't come up with anything

Being captive is the same as having a job only there isn't any salary and they don't have to deliver on any of their promises. They throw enough agents against the wall and see who sticks without support. That's my experience.

Having an insurance license assured me I would never have to depend on anyone's promises again.

Now I work at home with Internet leads selling MA & sups statewide and setting other agents up to do the same. If you have the AARP plans in your state, contact me at 954-428-4501 or [email protected] You will be paid direct by the carrier.

Now I work at home with Internet leads selling MA & sups statewide and setting other agents up to do the same.

Rabbi, isn't this about the forty-fifth different "scheme" you've had goin' in the last couple of years?

What sort of track record of success and expertise, other than being in car sales for 137 years, would lead any agent to let you "set them up" ?

From what you have said and the contacts you have already established I would say $24,000 a year is no problem.

Your goal is very reasonable.

If you only write say 40 individual health policies for the year you could hit your goal.

If you write 10 small group health plans with say about 8 lives on each group you should be close to your goal.

I would say you should shoot for a higher goal.

Depending on the product you sell $2k/month should be a low goal. You will probably want to start of focusing on just a few products and as you get comfortable with those expand to others. One mistake a lot of people make when they start is trying to be all things to everyone. You should probably partner with someone for the other products in case you run across them and try to get at least a 50/50 split or better yet, get the business written in your name and pay them a mentoring fee. If you try to do a commission split expect to get hustled and if you actually get your cut you've got a good guy to work with. Here are some numbers:

Med Advantage: 2 apps/week = $2k/month
Final Expense: ~6 apps/month = $2k/month
Mortgage Protection: ~5 apps/month = $2k/month
Auto/Homeowners: ~40 cars/homes =$2k/month
Annuities: ~1/month = $2k/month

I'm sure others can give you more examples of what $2k/month is, but plan your work and work your plan. If you know you need to write 8 Med Advantage apps/month to make you're $2k you'll probably be pleasantly surprised when you find out you can do 8/week without breaking a sweat. As long as you make sure you get pointed in the right direction you should probably set a goal to be making at least $3k/month within 6 months. If you can afford to go 2 or 3 months without getting any income you should probably focus on getting a quick start full-time rather than dividing your time between a job and starting a career. Odds are you'll be getting checks sooner than 3 months but it's good to be prepared for it.

You want to work for an agency or be an independent agent? Judging from your list of contacts/experience/work ethic you'd probably be better off going directly with a GA that can give you training in the beginning but will be giving you a higher commission level with the expectation that you'll have high production and wont be getting hand holding once you get started.

I have decided that I desire to work for an Independent agency. What I would like to know:

Is it possible to earn say 2k per month before 2 years has lapsed?

The advice that I have been given thus far is that it does take this long to make ends meet &that I should acquire either a full or part time job to take care of myself while I build my business.

I can and want to work as many hours as it takes to obtain my goals. I have a personal database of 2000 contacts. I am not afraid to walk in a neighborhood and door knock, or walk businesses door to door. Please assume that I am a very hard worker who will go above and beyond what would be considered typical. Working 50-70 hours per week does not offend me in any way. Rapport building comes very easy for me and many clients that I have worked with in the past I enjoy a friendly relationship with.

I do not know the insurance business. I have more than a great deal to learn about this business. Is this why it takes 2 years to make a smaller income?

I hope that I given enough information so that experience will give me some information I can learn from in the replys. I also hope that I have not given too much information.

I thank you for your time in reply!

Back