Is Joining a Cluster Really my Best Option?

You are at Decision #3.

Start and Agency or go to a Group/ Cluster.

I don't address why joining a cluster is best, I just jump to that choice. Let me take a second and explain from my perspective.

IF YOU JOIN THE RIGHT GROUP OR CLUSTER

You will make more money, short term and long term.

You will bonus from dollar one.

You will have ownership and exit options.

Min requirements are diminished dramatically.

The power of the group gets you unprecedented access to carriers, overrides, additional comp you will never see for a significant amount of time if you go solo.

Bonuses are often paid on a matrix of variables. (Growth, profit, and Size of book) The larger the book the larger the variable. So not only do you bonus from dollar one, but instead of a bonus one day on a 250k book at .72% you now bonus at 8.2% from the get go (example only, not too far off)

The math always works.

Have fun, enjoy making decision #3. If you find you want to explore the Group route call me.
Caution from this guy Shawn Michael Walker, Licensed agent, Hablo Espanol Director of Recruiting and Administration. He will tell you anything to get you to join if you like the group ask for names of current agents member and call them and ask them directly if they like the group... Do your homework and find the best group also talk to SIAA group in your area they are the biggest and most successful group in the country.:yes::cool:

Caution from this guy Shawn Michael Walker, Licensed agent, Hablo Espanol Director of Recruiting and Administration. He will tell you anything to get you to join if you like the group ask for names of current agents member and call them and ask them directly if they like the group... Do your homework and find the best group also talk to SIAA group in your area they are the biggest and most successful group in the country.:yes::cool:

Ah I see. I'm sure he's a great guy but id like opinions outside of recruiters who obviously would be very biased. I'll look into siaa

Sales 71 has a point.

go to Car, Home, Business Insurance - AZ, CA, CO, IL, KS, NV, NM, TX, UT - Premier Group Insurance there you will find a list of agents. call anyone you want.

SIAA is a great group. Read the threads on SIAA, make an informed decision.

Sales71 got me wrong though. I am not a sales guy. I am not a recruiter for PGI (We have three of them). I'll shoot you straight, help you make the right decision for you (Even if that is not PGI) and be glad I got to help.

I have met too many agents who have made the wrong choice in groups over the last 10+ yrs and simply want to help agents find what they want. I have met too many groups that prey on people making fast decisions. That's not me, that not PGI.

Sales 71 has a point.

go to Car, Home, Business Insurance - AZ, CA, CO, IL, KS, NV, NM, TX, UT - Premier Group Insurance there you will find a list of agents. call anyone you want.

SIAA is a great group. Read the threads on SIAA, make an informed decision.

Sales71 got me wrong though. I am not a sales guy. I am not a recruiter for PGI (We have three of them). I'll shoot you straight, help you make the right decision for you (Even if that is not PGI) and be glad I got to help.

I have met too many agents who have made the wrong choice in groups over the last 10+ yrs and simply want to help agents find what they want. I have met too many groups that prey on people making fast decisions. That's not me, that not PGI.

And I will also look into pgi. Thanks!

I just don't like the idea of coming out of pocket 10-20k and then giving someone a cut of my commissions for the privilege of writing business.

:no::swoon:
I wish people ACTUALLY knew what a cluster does or is.... You just think the above and its 1000 times more then that

:no::swoon:
I wish people ACTUALLY knew what a cluster does or is.... You just think the above and its 1000 times more then that

Care to enlighten me? I don't have a problem with them, I guess I'm just unaware of all of what if offers and how its worth the starting cost

Care to enlighten me? I don't have a problem with them, I guess I'm just unaware of all of what if offers and how its worth the starting cost

There is education, there are discounts, there are Bonuses, LOTS of bonuses, extra commission, information shared, help writing things you dont have direct access too. mentors, they help keep you up to date on laws, changes, given priority, secret phone numbers to a few carriers, expereince/help from seasoned agemts, VOLUNTARY workshops,

Its so much more then just "writing business" its help running your business and growing

----------

Stay away from SIAA. For reasons why you can see my other posts.

your just a hater. lol

I'll 2nd and 3rd the idea of joining a group. The cream rises quickly to the top there, and provides the kind of resources and support that a scratch agency can't even imagine!!

The challenge is finding the one that meets your needs and matches with your goals. They all have pros and cons is their fee/commission/ownership/support offers.

I do like SIAA (worked with several Midwest groups when I was with a carrier) for the guys that are willing to put in the effort and really grow a book.

The guys just looking for a salary need to find the IA with the highest draw and plan on their minimum effort somehow covering it. Won't happen, but buys them some time to find another job.

Good Luck!

There is education, there are discounts, there are Bonuses, LOTS of bonuses, extra commission, information shared, help writing things you dont have direct access too. mentors, they help keep you up to date on laws, changes, given priority, secret phone numbers to a few carriers, expereince/help from seasoned agemts, VOLUNTARY workshops, Its so much more then just "writing business" its help running your business and growing ---------- your just a hater. lol

Yes, I am a total hater. You would be too if you paid over 25k a year in fees and you still owe them your first born to get out of the contract.

Back