Is Joining a Cluster Really my Best Option?

Cendee,

Were you told by a PGI Business Development Manager that we could not help you because the city you are in was over saturated? Who told you the town was at Agent capacity? What group did you go with? SIAA, PGI or Both?

Just so everyone is aware the old post that blasts me is from 2014. I have not actively recruited for PGI since about 2013. And I (We) usually get feedback on the other end of the spectrum. More along the lines of, "PGI slowed me down. pointed out weaknesses in their own contract, helped me consider and make the right choice for me, not them...."

I understand it as SIAA/AHA that said no to Cendee going into his/her hometown.

Cendee,

Were you told by a PGI Business Development Manager that we could not help you because the city you are in was over saturated? Who told you the town was at Agent capacity? What group did you go with?

Just so everyone is aware the old post that blasts me is from 2014. I have not actively recruited for PGI since about 2013. And I (We) usually get feedback on the other end of the spectrum. More along the lines of, "PGI slowed me down. pointed out weaknesses in their own contract, helped me consider and make the right choice for me, not them...."
No it was SIAA/AHA that said our town was at capacity. I have been talking to someone at PGI and he seems very knowledgeable and very supportive. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I will not mke my decision lightly but it is my goal to be able to drive home at lunch if i choose to do so. I am researching quite slow because my current hours bit I am getting there little by little. Any advice I get on this site is greatly appreciated.

Well, Take it slow. Get a good view of it from all angels. For example, VolAgent is not a fan of some aspects of our contracts. Ask him why? Come to us with contract language you would like clarified or rectified in addendums. We might be able to bend for the right agents. I am not sure VolAgent got to that part of the conversation, BUT I WISH HE HAD. Seems like a great guy.

Cendee,

Were you told by a PGI Business Development Manager that we could not help you because the city you are in was over saturated? Who told you the town was at Agent capacity? What group did you go with?

This was actually my fault. I "quoted" off an old horrible post and i just wanted guidance or advice from professionals. Thanks and sorry. Will try to be more careful

The further I go, the more I doubt PGI would have worked for me.

The nice thing is, there are options.

I work with more than a dozen agency network groups like PGI.
I can say that they have been as fair and helpful as any of the other very good groups out there.

I have read this entire thread again, and found myself cheering on several posts, one of which was mine :)

While I know plenty of captive/employee agents making bank, I am a firm believer in IA for the long haul. One either has the grit to go it alone as a scratch agency, or they start somewhere else. Some start as salary + commission producers in an IA, some join a group under their own name.

Please just do this: be an expert advisor and choose the path the fits your needs. There are plenty here that take PM's and can give advice and counsel specific to your situation.

Back