Is MADP a Big Selling Opportunity?

No strategy for targeting as yet, I suppose you could contact your own MAPD folks, see how they are doing or mail/other advertising.
One of my clients (one so far) on MAPD HMO is really glad we can get a Plan N 2/1/17.
Reviewing how it works, earliest they can drop MA plan 1/1/17, for 1/31/17 end date. Can be done up to 1/31/17, to get earliest possible effective date for replacement plans: 2/1/17. We are replacing with MedSupp + PDP for 2/1/17. Client wishes it could be 1/1/17, but missed getting together during open enrollment. They can also go for 3/1/17 replacement plan effective date, if done by 2/14/17. That is SEP ADP for RX plan. New RX plan kicks out MA plan.
Best way, get the supp app going asap, to be sure it's accepted. Just wrote that app yesterday.
Most of you already know this, just saying.

Last edited:
MADP Vic and Kruger... not MAPD.

Reading comprehension and all.

Sorry Didn't catch that.

I might have got a couple extra using MADP last year. I find most of what I got was normal retiree's and plan switches, But I suppose that depends on the type of marketing as well

Is the MADP a big selling opportunity?

If so, please share some strategies you use to take advantage of it.

For those already selling Medicare Supplements, Jan. 1st through Feb. 14th(V.D.) each year is the perfect time to contact those you run into during the year who have MAPD's.

MADP is for replacing MAPD'S.:yes:

:wacko::wacko:I'm sitting here LMFAO.:twitchy::twitchy:

I didn't realize that I wrote such a confusing thread title.

I currently offer both MA and gap policies. I have a lot of clients who age in, referrals who are dual eligible, SS disabled, etc. so I sell 12 months of the year.

I've been getting emails from United American that state that the MADP is the second biggest time of the year to sell gap plans.

They are using this factoid as a recruiting headline. I'm sure it is technically true, but I wanted to get some unbiased feedback as to just how big the second biggest selling period is.

The second tallest guy in the room could be pretty short relative to the tallest guy and still be above average height.

I am trying to determine whether to put any special effort into selling gap policies during the MADP (Jan 1 to Feb 14).

I currently offer both MA and gap policies. I have a lot of clients who age in, referrals who are dual eligible, SS disabled, etc. so I sell 12 months of the year.

I've been getting emails from United American that state that the MADP is the second biggest time of the year to sell gap plans.

They are using this factoid as a recruiting headline. I'm sure it is technically true, but I wanted to get some unbiased feedback as to just how big the second biggest selling period is.

The second tallest guy in the room could be pretty short relative to the tallest guy and still be above average height.

I am trying to determine whether to put any special effort into selling gap policies during the MADP (Jan 1 to Feb 14).

For me, instead of moving MAPD folks to supplements. I'd rather seek those on plan F and move them to G or N.

With the internet leads I find I dont get in front of the crowd on MA looking to get Med Supp, that much from Jan 1 st to Feb 14th

I notice MADP more at the end Of AEP When there is not enough time to underwrite for med supp by dec 7th, I can still write with feb 1st effective on dec 1st without being concerned about getting underwriting done in time

Wouldn't it be that if they wanted to switch from MAPD to Supp + PDP, most would have done that during AEP?

Maybe there are some who haven't been educated on the weaknesses of some MAPDs who could be persuaded during MADP.

I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I think Alston was asking is if there are enough like that out there to focus on seeking them out, and if so, how to find them.

Wouldn't regular Med Supp marketing would be the best way to uncover them? Cold calls and DM? The difference is if they have a MAPD now, they don't have to be put on a future call-back basis in October. They can be helped now (well, now as in Jan 1 - Feb 14).

Back