Is My Progression On or Off Track?

For me, it's when I have a steady stream of income that allows me to pay all my bills and still have extra for enjoying life. The actual number will be different for all of us I think as we all live in different areas with different circumstances.

Lots of good advice here. Pick one or two areas of expertise. For me, health was the hardest product to learn. While I sell the occasional health plan, I find annuities are what excite me most. But after reading some of Mark Rosenthal's stuff, I could see getting excited about impaired life as well.

I am lazy, and don't really work that much, so you could say I hit my stride in year one. lol. jk.

But since I have start applying myself, I expect this year to break six figures. What some may consider stride, I view as plateau and a challenge on getting to the next level. Not sure there is a top.

P&C is hard to get started in, I don't know if your family agency has any appointments that you could run with. You could always get set up with a wholesaler and essentially make the switch to P&C overnight, but you won't be an expert right away.

Everyone has to have auto by law and anyone with a mortgage has to have homeowner's, I won't say it's easier than L&H but maybe it's a better fit for you.

As far as "hitting your stride", are you happy with what you do and the compensation for doing it (or the pace at which your compensation is increasing)? If you're not happy then I wouldn't worry about hitting your stride, just do something different. It's not about the money, really that will never motivate you alone.

Food for thought. Happy Thanksgiving.

Lots of good advice here. Pick one or two areas of expertise. For me, health was the hardest product to learn. While I sell the occasional health plan, I find annuities are what excite me most. But after reading some of Mark Rosenthal's stuff, I could see getting excited about impaired life as well.

But since I have start applying myself, I expect this year to break six figures. What some may consider stride, I view as plateau and a challenge on getting to the next level. Not sure there is a top.

It is a great niche market and the clients are easy to find and help.

If anyone needs any help, just contact me.

"Hitting your stride or making your mark" is the wrong question. Everyone's stride or mark is different.

Some agents are happy netting 40k a year. Some don't rest until they hit 500k a year. Don't compare yourself to others.

Set your own goal. Make your goal a thermometer on the background of your computer desktop. Update the thermometer weekly or monthly.(Color it in)

You need to work backwards and know your numbers. How many calls for an appt? how many appts for a sale? how much commission for an appt?

Commit to doing your activity every week or day, the results will follow.

Good luck.

Good advice from all! Thank you!

I think what I need to do is worry less about how I stack up against others who have comfortably "hit their stride" and worry more about what steps I need to take to get me to the level I want to be at (taking a cue from halis and chkndinner14).

Back