Is the New 2025 CMS Rule for Agent compensation actually GREAT news for AGENTS and FMOs?

You and I had this conversation last year. And probably the year before that.

Simply increase your income filters, pick an area with low MA penetration and start calling or knocking. That 90% you referred to will drop to 50% or less. That's the marketing part.

And call or knock for supplements or FE. CMS can't say jack about that.

I agree with that . But I’m saying with the reality of mapd/med sup the income bar overall is much higher for med sups sales overall . That requires door knocking higher income people which is much much harder to get them to answer the door ( I’d say 80% of homes $200k or above have ring bells) . I’d estimate I’ve door knocker 7k plus homes the past 14 yrs . When i get leads and the house is 250k and above my contact % is much much lower than a $150k or less home .I personally know or have read of any insurance agent making a living cold knocking long term . I will always use leads as they expressed some type of interest no matter how low it may be . Also cold knocking a list is mentally tough and dejecting as you might as well be on a street corner approaching people that look 65 or older. Just my opinion

That requires door knocking higher income people which is much much harder to get them to answer the door
We've all been told that.

Ever seen an Edward Jones rep when he was starting out?

They use to send them out knocking in mid to upper income areas.

Stock brokers out door knocking. Go figure.

Wow, it seem that (according to one agent who has DK'd THOUSANDS of homes) folks who live in expensive homes, and have higher incomes, may not be good prospects for MAPD.

But low income, low rent places will enroll in MAPD all day long.

Go figure . . .

You’re going to really need sun fire or connecture to compare plans . Thats huge . I find the drug entry and comparisons super easy . Personally I’ll pay for that .
What about CSG? They're still out there and I still use them.

So Integrity bought them out. They still offer their original plan.

We've all been told that.

Ever seen an Edward Jones rep when he was starting out?

They use to send them out knocking in mid to upper income areas.

Stock brokers out door knocking. Go figure.
It’s funny you say that . I had a Edward Jones rep knock me about 7 yrs ago . They still do that ? . My brothers been a Wells Fargo broker 31 yrs . His office hasn’t hired a new broker in 12 yrs he said . Stock brokers had to pivot and become financial advisors selling managed money and annuities. Very few brokers sit there daily making stock trades for clients . Zero commissions and the internet ( being able to research yourself ) changed all that , Medicare is the same . Things change and if you don’t change you vanish . Now fe and life will always be here . CO’s need agents to sell it as it must be sold as it’s rarely just bought

What about CSG? They're still out there and I still use them.

So Integrity bought them out. They still offer their original plan.
If the Upline/FMO can still receive $$ from the carriers, then an agent can be a “hybrid” of both a W-2 ***AND a 1099? He could still work his own leads and get paid as 1099, but use the Upline’s marketing tools (Payment of E/O, leads, health fair fees) and get paid as a w/2 or LOA. It could be an option, though not every agent would be interested.

That’s correct on pdp’s although renewals in 2025 will still be $46 or so and not $100 until 2026. Also mapd renewals for 2025 will still be $310 and not $355 which kicks in in 2026.

still not clear on this- so 355 renewal on business written before 1/1/25 effective.For example UHC pays the FMV renewals on any enrollments effective since 1/1/2020 so these would all be 355 effective 1/1/2026? Would be great if CMS said they had to pay 355 for all active business.

Also wonder how the PDP increase will affect the number of non commissionable part D plans.CMS must be aware that agents have to spend time helping clients with part D even when they don't get paid.

still not clear on this- so 355 renewal on business written before 1/1/25 effective.For example UHC pays the FMV renewals on any enrollments effective since 1/1/2020 so these would all be 355 effective 1/1/2026? Would be great if CMS said they had to pay 355 for all active business.

Also wonder how the PDP increase will affect the number of non commissionable part D plans.CMS must be aware that agents have to spend time helping clients with part D even when they don't get paid.
I’ve read several higher up fmo’s say the renewal of $355 won’t be paid until 1/26. The Mapd to mapd comp stays the same this aep at $310 so it makes sense the renewal for 1/25 will be $310

I’ve read several higher up fmo’s say the renewal of $355 won’t be paid until 1/26. The Mapd to mapd comp stays the same this aep at $310 so it makes sense the renewal for 1/25 will be $310

Understand that but have you heard if all renewals that are currently being adjusted up to FMV( i have many that are not that are still paying 16.00-20.00 renewals which i don't expect to be adjusted up to 355) will be adjusted to 355 starting 1/26 or only business effective 1/1/25 and after.

I have been thinking about selling my book of business because i am tired of this crap but this would weigh heavily on my decision.

Ye
Understand that but have you heard if all renewals that are currently being adjusted up to FMV( i have many that are not that are still paying 16.00-20.00 renewals which i don't expect to be adjusted up to 355) will be adjusted to 355 starting 1/26 or only business effective 1/1/25 and after.

I have been thinking about selling my book of business because i am tired of this crap but this would weigh heavily on my decision.
Yep. I wish that I could sell too, but the renewals would outweigh the premium renewals over several years. I know people OV 65 who have not let go of their BOB even though they bitch and moan at times.

Back