Is there a cut-off to get Part B back after missing payment?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
This issue has now happened to a few of my prospects/members who “forget” to pay their required Part B premiums by the statement date. By the time that it shows up on my Agent Portal, they are usually due 2-3 months of premium.

The latest one was cancelled 2-28-23, so he mailed a check about 2 1/2 weeks ago after I called him on it. It has still not cashed. He is the type who works a lot and puts things like this off for too long- unfortunately.

What kind of luck have you had in reinstating these stragglers?

They have to call Medicare, while praying to get the right rep and beg with a sob story.

Being in a FEMA county helps. Blaming Covid helps. It seriously depends on who answers the phone. If the first one says no, call back and see if they get a better rep. If they have a legitimate reason, ask the Congressional rep for help.

(And we started signing people up via Medicare.gov for monthly drafts. I got tired of this issue)

They have to call Medicare, while praying to get the right rep and beg with a sob story.

Being in a FEMA county helps. Blaming Covid helps. It seriously depends on who answers the phone. If the first one says no, call back and see if they get a better rep. If they have a legitimate reason, ask the Congressional rep for help.

(And we started signing people up via Medicare.gov for monthly drafts. I got tired of this issue)

Thanks. He lives in Garland. Do you know of any FEMAs in Dallas Cty?

I actually TOLD these 2 about that, but they did not follow through..

I fill out the auto draft form for them completely . Mail the form to them with an arrow showing the 2 Sig places to sign and a stamped addressed envelope . All they go to do is 2 signatures and pop it in the envelope and mail it.

Back