Is There an MGA That Provides Mercury Insurance?

In some states, Farmers is written via IA's, some states its captive only. Also, some of the Farmers products are available for IA's (Foremost, Bristol West).

So yes, you would be correct if you know some.

Dan

isnt this in CA? Doesnt Merucry only pay like 6% commission, I would avoid that like the plague if I could

What would make you think that? Nope, they are pretty standard on their commissions, but get better if you do well. It's a secret recipe of gwp and loss ratios over time to get to the real commission.

Plus bonuses.

Dan

What would make you think that? Nope, they are pretty standard on their commissions, but get better if you do well. It's a secret recipe of gwp and loss ratios over time to get to the real commission.

Plus bonuses.

Dan
''I thought i read somewhere that someone said Mercurys rates are awesome in CA but the commission sucked,,,

One guy said that...., my guess is he had access through an MGA or some special deal.
And it might be true in S CA. They have better rates there than N CA.

Dan

Mercury pays 15% on home and Auto, 15% on commercial auto and 20% on commercial property. Their UW'ing and loss control folks are picky but once you put something on the books with them... it is going to stick for a long time.

Just thought I'd give a little update. TWFG does offer Mercury Insurance in California, but only if you go through their exclusive branch program. If you go through their MGA program, you cannot write Mercury. The nice thing about their MGA program is that they give you binding authority. I met with one of their So.Cal reps and she was very nice. In case some of you guys are wondering, I was in the Farmers reserve program, but decided to leave because the "new" contract is not to my liking. Luckily, my wife is under the old contract.

Bertolino is right about Mercury's commissions. Loss ratios will increase or decrease the commission rates as well, up to 20% new & renewal with contingency commission potential, and down to 10% if you have higher loss ratios.

Farmesluis, I would be very careful on this, even if your wife is a Farmers Agent. Farmers does, and will, look through the DOI website to see if you are appointed with someone else and they will give your wife a hard time. Be very careful, and you may want to house your license at a seperate address from your wife.

Back