Is This Legal (re Policy Effective Date)?

Since you're just a troll I already hate myself for playing your game, but here goes.

The reason you were quoted more for an sr-22 is that you are irresponsible and did not have insurance when you had an accident. Given that fact, why should an insurance company not assume you might engage in fraud?

Please find somewhere else to vent. I'm sure I speak for everyone else here that you are not worth our time.

Go screw with some other forum.

Love and kisses from a responsible taxpayer.

Rick

you do not need to engage me if you feel that way. but i am free to speak my mind.

just because i needed to file an sr-22 does not mean i would engage in fraud, just as someone who has bad credit does not mean they should not be allowed to hold a position involving money or fiduciary matters in employment. it's called stereotyping and discrimination.

why does the insurance company care if i drove without insurance? it's not like they would be held liable.

Of course your rationale, mileena, applies to fire insurance as well. As your house is burning down you call the insurance company and get a binder to cover the fire insurance on it. Right?

I would not assume that this person would be able to be a home owner. Perfect example of an Obama Care patient.
Of course your rationale, mileena, applies to fire insurance as well. As your house is burning down you call the insurance company and get a binder to cover the fire insurance on it. Right?

i would get insurance if companies charged a reasonable rate.

14 years ago i got a quote from liberty mutual of about $250 per year for just liability. but as soon as the agent found out i needed an sr-22, he said he could not insure me! what is the basis for that?

today i just got a quote from geico. $360 a year for just liability, but $1000 a year if i wanted comp/collision as well. so they want $640 extra a year for comprehensive/collision for a 2007 minivan which has $10,000 worth of damage on it (they did not ask on the online form if my car had damage)? i thought geico was supposed to be cheap, like those cavemen say.

Please post a picture of a 2007 minivan; that is probrably only worth 10K, with 10K in damages. I honestly would like to see some pictures.

That must be some piece of Sh^T........LOL

Mileena, can you please tell us what other forums do you adorn your presence with?

I would like to enlighten myself on other subjects such as:
Trailer home decor
Possum dishes
Best hunting knife to make cut off jeans with
How to properly elevate a vehicle with bricks

If you are driving with no insurance and cause an accident, can you go home and sign up for insurance that same day, so you will be covered for the accident? the effective date of the new policy will be the same as the date of the accident, so you should be good, right?

or what if you have a rock hit your windshield and cause it to crack, but have no insurance? Can you sign up a few days later, then make a claim? how will the insurance company know when the crack occurred?

thanks for any help!

I don't think this will be acceptable to the insurance company itself. Of course they wanted you to pay for their premium first before you can avail or claim.

i would get insurance if companies charged a reasonable rate.

14 years ago i got a quote from liberty mutual of about $250 per year for just liability. but as soon as the agent found out i needed an sr-22, he said he could not insure me! what is the basis for that?

today i just got a quote from geico. $360 a year for just liability, but $1000 a year if i wanted comp/collision as well. so they want $640 extra a year for comprehensive/collision for a 2007 minivan which has $10,000 worth of damage on it (they did not ask on the online form if my car had damage)? i thought geico was supposed to be cheap, like those cavemen say.

Very reasonable rates. When did you take out the policy?
Asking about damage isn't really necessary. They won't pay for existing damage and I guarantee you it's easy to tell how long ago the damage occured.

Also, to answer your first question, policies have an effective time on them as well as an effective date. They will not pay for an accident that occured prior to purchasing the policy.

You have to understand what insurance is, it is not an open bank account, but a way for you to transfer some risks to the insurance company. You pay a premium to transfer the risk, without the premium, you keep the risk, whether it is your fault or not.

Think of it this way (and it's the way insurance got started). All of your neighbors pay a bit into a 'pool' of money and then accidents/claims are paid out of that pool. The more claims paid, the more you and your neighbor have to pay in. It's not that you avoid responsibility, its that you spread risks over more people, all of who can't afford a loss by themselves, but collectively, you can plan a bit better. It's more like paying a known amount, rather than an unknown, perhaps catastrophic amount, at some point in the future.

An insurance company doesn't have any obligation to pay out of the pool of money for individuals who have not contributed to it. Despite what the current thinking is in Washington, there is not an endless supply of money to pay fraudelent claims.

Dan

This is exactly the way health insurance will work under Obamacare. Just sign up after you get the diagnosis.

Back