Is This Possible?

Thank you for all the help... Frank i will contact you after xmass im sure you have alot of good advise to follow. I have only bought leads for underage and it can be very expensive if you dont convert sales out of them. i have not tryed bying leads for medicare just because I do get sales easier off cold calling than what I did with the underage market where you almost have to buy leads.

Give me a call anytime. I think I can show you a way to be successful with Med Supps without having to spend a fortune buying "leads".

I will look forward to hearing from you.

Merry Christmas,

Frank, Jacqueline, Briar our guard dog and all of the goats. lol

Frank and Captain94,

If you would be so nice, I would like to be in on the call! I tried to PM you two a little about me but no PM's until 30 posts. My cell is 3145685363. I live in St. Louis.

I'm really intrigued by this industry. I like the senior maket niche.

Steve

Frank and Captain94,

If you would be so nice, I would like to be in on the call! I tried to PM you two a little about me but no PM's until 30 posts. My cell is 3145685363. I live in St. Louis.

I'm really intrigued by this industry. I like the senior maket niche.

Steve
Frank always posts his number. You might call him if you're the one needing help.

Just a thought....

Rick

I recently was in a similar situation to yours. I left a stable job as a banker with a large retail bank to sell life and health insurance. I can only tell you that I rarely ever cold call. I purchase internet leads and close about 36% of them. The company I purchase leads from has more leads available than I can handle and I actually have to limit the amount I get daily. I usually recieve about 1-2 leads a day which comes out to about 30-40 a month at 7.50 a lead (medicare Lead) thats about 300 bucks. Even if I had a bad month and only closed 25% thats 10 sales a month. If I sell a Plan F I make 482 in first year commission and a nine month advance on that. Not to mention for having 10 issued policies in a month I get a $1250 bonus. Tell me thats a bad investment!!! If I do call its only when the leads are slow like right now around the holidays and I do it from my couch watching CNN babble on all day about the same stuff they talked about in the morning.

My best recomendation is if your going to get into the medicare market do your research and know more than the other guys. Seniors like to feel comfortable with knowing they can trust your advice. I sell on premium stability, company stability, choosing a policy over a certificate and a strong presentation. Bring a ratings guide book with you if your company is highly rated because this goes along way. Tell them that it is the most important thing you are showing them and compare your company rating to others like Humana which is well known but also rated a C on weiss ratings. If your company is a B or an A it holds alot of wieght. Selling on price is not always the best thing for the customer. If you put a 65 yr old whos in open enrollment in bottom dollar med supp that has historically high premium increases you are doing them a disservice. If 5years down the line they develope a pre existing condition and there premiums have gone up 50-60 percent you will be hard pressed to get them in a more affordable plan after they go through underwritting. They might end up getting stuck in an advantage plan which 5 yrs from now could be a very poor choice.Wth all the turmoil surrounding thier excess capitation rates they will be little advantge to them once thier funding starts getting cut back.

Anyway thats my 2 cents...:GEEK:

I recently was in a similar situation to yours. I left a stable job as a banker with a large retail bank to sell life and health insurance. I can only tell you that I rarely ever cold call. I purchase internet leads and close about 36% of them. The company I purchase leads from has more leads available than I can handle and I actually have to limit the amount I get daily. I usually recieve about 1-2 leads a day which comes out to about 30-40 a month at 7.50 a lead (medicare Lead) thats about 300 bucks. Even if I had a bad month and only closed 25% thats 10 sales a month. If I sell a Plan F I make 482 in first year commission and a nine month advance on that. Not to mention for having 10 issued policies in a month I get a $1250 bonus. Tell me thats a bad investment!!! If I do call its only when the leads are slow like right now around the holidays and I do it from my couch watching CNN babble on all day about the same stuff they talked about in the morning.

My best recomendation is if your going to get into the medicare market do your research and know more than the other guys. Seniors like to feel comfortable with knowing they can trust your advice. I sell on premium stability, company stability, choosing a policy over a certificate and a strong presentation. Bring a ratings guide book with you if your company is highly rated because this goes along way. Tell them that it is the most important thing you are showing them and compare your company rating to others like Humana which is well known but also rated a C on weiss ratings. If your company is a B or an A it holds alot of wieght. Selling on price is not always the best thing for the customer. If you put a 65 yr old whos in open enrollment in bottom dollar med supp that has historically high premium increases you are doing them a disservice. If 5years down the line they develope a pre existing condition and there premiums have gone up 50-60 percent you will be hard pressed to get them in a more affordable plan after they go through underwritting. They might end up getting stuck in an advantage plan which 5 yrs from now could be a very poor choice.Wth all the turmoil surrounding thier excess capitation rates they will be little advantge to them once thier funding starts getting cut back.

Interesting information, especially in the first paragraph.

It sounds like you are working for a general agent who is paying you extremely high first year commission then probably cutting the hell out of subsequent years. I am also having trouble understanding the bonus, where does that come from? The general agent? He is rewarding you for writing 10 policies per month? Wow!

If you were working as an independent agent, in order for you to be making $482 in first year commission you have to be selling Plan F for over $200 per month and receiving about 20% commission. Today 20% is fairly high and a $200+ per month Med Supp is extremely high in the markets that I am aware of. I wish you would give more information, it is very difficult for me to grasp what you have said.

If the company you are purchasing leads from has more than you can handle why are you limiting yourself to two leads per day? Since you said a "bad month" was selling 25% of them what can we assume is a "good month", 35% to 45%? I'm not saying it can't be done but I have never even come close to closing 35% to 45% of any kind of leads unless they were referrals. How are you doing that?

A lot more information would really be helpful especially to new agents who want to enter the senior market.

Can you give us more info without having to shoot us after you tell us?

I would like to know more also. a plan f for me is around 134 as low as 118. what is your commision % that you make over $400 on one sale? What leads do you use I am not a new agent just new to the senior market and I turn about a 12%-15% leads to sales conversion I have never turned or heard of anyone turning 40% or better? If that is the case I will buy every lead they have.

Back