Is Using a Dialer Worth my Money?

One or two policies out of 100 calls is a bit light. Your opening might need some work.

When I sold life insurance back in the stone age (yeah, I'm that old), I took a sales training course. One of the things I remember is that you ask your prospect questions, as early as possible, that are more likely to be answered yes than no. You get your prospect used to saying yes as much as possible.

"Hi, I'm Jack. Would you like to spend less money on your car insurance?"

That should get a yes answer. And it's already obvious that you are an insurance agent. You don't have to say so.

Another thing I learned is that you don't ask for permission, you assume you already have it.

"Great. I can come to your house at 6 PM Friday or 10 AM Saturday. Which would you prefer?"

There, you are giving the prospect a choice between two items instead of the opportunity to say no to just one.

You're also making a personal commitment to the prospect. You are rarely going to sell policies by sending out quotes. They can get quotes online from dozens of places.

If the prospect picks a time, he's made a commitment to you and then you get briefly get into verifying his address. If you don't have quoting software that you carry with you, you can get details about his cars and drivers.

OK, what if he doesn't choose an appointment and says I'm happy with my current insurance.

"No problem. Please take my phone number and keep me in mind for when your renewal comes up and your rates increase."

There are many other sales techniques worth learning. Consider taking a sales course. The agents here might be able to suggest a good one.

Not a fan of your approach. And not 1-2 policies, 1-2 customers. I only go after homeowners by the way, so a typical sale comes with 1-3 cars and a house. Sometimes an umbrella too. Leads to $35-$50k of premium sold a month.

I have a totally awesome Agent CRM with a Power Dialer. You set it up with a voicemail and a text message that is sent if they don’t answer. It is the bomb .com. Here’s a link to check it out.
I don’t have to leave a million messages and text works, don’t have to leave a million of those either.

Do you have any problems reaching people?

I switched CRMs this jan the CRM uses twilio and dialer

Since I switched my contact ratio on leads has fallen drastically

Even clients recently (sometimes not the norm but enough to notice well enough)they cal me when I call back goes right to voicemail after few tries If I try my cell it will ring they pick up

I ask they say they have not received a call

Now again this is not the norm for example I am calling tons of clients daily this has happed half a dozen times since oct 1st

ALso got maybe 30 or so leads from my facbook ads and reached 2 people only no in fairness I end up only calling 1 and half times a day as I don't have time with clients

I am told by CRM but also other agents it is just times have changed Cell phones have changed its just the norm not CRMS fault

Would you mind if I asked what script you are using for your calls? Is there a particular time you call?

I havent found a specific time of day that works best, although if it seems to be a while between my next conversation and people arent picking up, I will move away from the phone and do something else.

As far as script goes: Just like Grandma's recipe, there is no exact script. Like most things, you can only get good by doing it over and over again, day after day. Something that works for my personality may not (likely not) work for you. But, my intro goes a little something like this:
"Hi (Name), this is Me with XYZ. Hope all is well! Are you still over off of 123 Main ST?​
Quick note on that line: Notice I assume that I have the correct name and never ask, "Hi, is this (Name)?. Secondly, I don't allow them to speak until after I've asked the simple question; in this case, the question being if they are still at the address I have on file. Any simple question works however.

If you have a decent lead list, the address will be correct and the prospect will answer, "yes".
I then say something along the lines of how I was working on a home and auto quote for them and wanted to make sure we had the right address on file... lol. If you have a name, dob, address, you really only need consent to quote, as you can find most information on the reports. At the most basic level, all i am shooting for is a "sure"

Last edited:
Back