It's happening, doctor opting out of Medicare

Don't be so sure. I regret telling my clients a year ago to not expect the $6 mo pdp option to go lower in 24'. Oops. Here is your $0 WCV pdp. This year, I felt more confident stating it won't go lower.
I suppose there are worse things than having your customers premiums come in lower than expected 🙂

I suspect that WC is taking on a lot of bad debt with the WCV pdp to gain market share. I hope I'm wrong though

I met a gentlemen that lives just South of the Villages in FL yesterday while in Vegas. He has his VA, A and B, along with a Cigna Med Sup that he pays around 155/month for. Told him about the Aetna MA plan in my area with a 75.00 giveback. He was very interested so I told him to check on plans down there. Do you know who has the best MA for VA people in that area?

I guess it depends if it’s solely for a Part B refund or if he wants a plan with a good doctor network.

Personally, I would check out the UHC villages plan. Great benefits but no part b refund. Many doctors there don’t accept OM but only UHC MAPD.

Biggest part B refunds would be with humana, Careplus, freedom, devoted. Humana has a $164.90 PPO refund.

I guess it depends if it’s solely for a Part B refund or if he wants a plan with a good doctor network.

Personally, I would check out the UHC villages plan. Great benefits but no part b refund. Many doctors there don’t accept OM but only UHC MAPD.

Biggest part B refunds would be with humana, Careplus, freedom, devoted. Humana has a $164.90 PPO refund.
Thank you. He said he lives just south of the Villages so could be different zip code/County even I suppose. I told him to go on Medicare.gov and do the find a plan to see what all is available. He kept saying I’m way over insured. I didn’t disagree with him. Says he uses the VA for everything.

Thank you. He said he lives just south of the Villages so could be different zip code/County even I suppose. I told him to go on Medicare.gov and do the find a plan to see what all is available. He kept saying I’m way over insured. I didn’t disagree with him. Says he uses the VA for everything.
It's probably Sumter County, I'm about a 30 minute drive from him.
To do a proper analysis, we would need more info, doctors, Rx etc..
But if he literally just looking to rid of the Pt B premium he could just cancel Part B and only use the VA, or there are several MAPDs that refund it as well Humana, Careplus, Freedom/Optimum come to mind.
If your licensed in Florida, I can help you with the research send me a pm.
If you're looking to refer, I still do stuff the old fashioned way F2F

Back