It's happening, doctor opting out of Medicare

100% not true. Plenty of doctors in Fl take MAPD and not OM.

It’s like people just want to make up fake rules.
I met a gentlemen that lives just South of the Villages in FL yesterday while in Vegas. He has his VA, A and B, along with a Cigna Med Sup that he pays around 155/month for. Told him about the Aetna MA plan in my area with a 75.00 giveback. He was very interested so I told him to check on plans down there. Do you know who has the best MA for VA people in that area?

I met a gentlemen that lives just South of the Villages in FL yesterday while in Vegas. He has his VA, A and B, along with a Cigna Med Sup that he pays around 155/month for. Told him about the Aetna MA plan in my area with a 75.00 giveback. He was very interested so I told him to check on plans down there. Do you know who has the best MA for VA people in that area?
It depends on what your definition of "best" is

As for my post yesterday, all I said was that in South GA Original Medicare was still King. That was roughly 24 hours ago and nothing has changed. Facts are facts. No need to have an aneurysm.

And for the record, I'm licensed in 10 states. Michigan happens to be one of them. And yes for both MA and OM.

So, tell me again, what are you going to teach me about markets?

not a damn thing. you are the end all be all apparently

Early on I had some Mi snowbird prospects from the Villages a few years ago. They changed their residence to Fla so I couldn't do it at the time....

I gave them to another agent in our org who is licensed in fla. He put them on Humana Honor there. Theyre still on it and they love it. Same scenario almost VA, A and B. no supp though when I met them. Theyre happy with it.

Gosh, I wonder why all the Drs advised you to do that? Where Drs will really get hit hard is if OM actually starts looking at claims and puts a stop to the free for all that is OM. Then they will be telling patients MA plans are the only way to go. Don’t let them fool you, it’s about their best interests not yours. Luckily most people can see through their BS and actually think for themselves.
@rousemark

I have a client on a Cigna MAPD. She loves the plan. Very sweet lady, very easily-swayed by the wind, on pretty much anything. A few years ago, she called me and said her doctor was adamant that she switch off the plan. I asked her why and she told me the guy told her straight out that it was because they didn't pay him fast enough for his liking. People really need to understand that doctors aren't these uber-moral and virtuous beings. Some? Yes. Many are just driven by money. I told her that his personal payment preferences are of no concern to her, and she agreed. I looked the doctor up, and of course, he had garbage reviews.

I had a Pharmacist telling a LIS PDP member that had Wellcare ($0 premium), that they didn't pay him fast enough. Client called me. Wanted to switch to Humana with a monthly premium.

The pharmacist offered to refer him to another agent. Thankfully he stayed with me. And is paying a monthly premium for no real reason.

@rousemark

I have a client on a Cigna MAPD. She loves the plan. Very sweet lady, very easily-swayed by the wind, on pretty much anything. A few years ago, she called me and said her doctor was adamant that she switch off the plan. I asked her why and she told me the guy told her straight out that it was because they didn't pay him fast enough for his liking. People really need to understand that doctors aren't these uber-moral and virtuous beings. Some? Yes. Many are just driven by money. I told her that his personal payment preferences are of no concern to her, and she agreed. I looked the doctor up, and of course, he had garbage reviews.
I have never claimed that Drs do not make recomendations based on what is best for them. In fact, that is what I expect them to do. I don't know where youvpeople got the idea I think otherwise. However, if I have a provider that I like and want to use, then I am going to have to buy what they accept..

Back