Medicaid Massacre happening?

Surancedawg

Guru
100+ Post Club
I've been seeing a huge surge just this month in the number of D-SNP beneficiaries being informed their plans are terminating. Obviously, there was a spike last year after the Covid moratorium on eligibility re-assessments/disenrollments ended, but nothing like what I'm experiencing now. So many of these folks are going straight from a high level of medicaid (QMB+, QMB, etc)...to nothing. Most of these members insist they are as flat broke as they were a year ago. I know a lot of states have tightened their medicaid eligibility standards.

It seems that since states began renewing enrollment/disenrollment last March, one third of medicaid beneficiaries subject to the reassessments have been disenrolled nationwide. [EXTERNAL LINK] - Medicaid Enrollment and Unwinding Tracker - Overview | KFF

Last edited:
I've been seeing a huge surge just this month in the number of D-SNP beneficiaries being informed their plans are terminating. Obviously, there was a spike last year after the Covid moratorium on eligibility re-assessments/disenrollments ended, but nothing like what I'm experiencing now. So many of these folks are going straight from a high level of medicaid (QMB+, QMB, etc)...to nothing. Most of these members insist they are as flat broke as they were a year ago. I know a lot of states have tightened their medicaid eligibility standards.

It seems that since states began renewing enrollment/disenrollment last March, one third of medicaid beneficiaries subject to the reassessments have been disenrolled nationwide. [EXTERNAL LINK] - Medicaid Enrollment and Unwinding Tracker - Overvie

Welcome to the club . I’ve been getting 5 people a week calling me they were disenrolled crying . Social security taking 2 months up front many times

It seems that since states began renewing enrollment/disenrollment last March, one third of medicaid beneficiaries subject to the reassessments have been disenrolled nationwide. [EXTERNAL LINK] - Medicaid Enrollment and Unwinding Tracker - Overview | KFF
https://www.kff.org/report-section/medicaid-enrollment-and-unwinding-tracker-overview/
Some of them should not have been on it, but were put on it only because of Covid.
Texas Health & Human Services are taking 90-120 days to process an application.

Back