John Hancock not there when you need them.

my husband had an unexpected stroke due to a malpractice mishap at a hospital who has immunity.
The stroke was catastrophic, he has no cognitive ability, is bed bound, has breathing issues and his whole left side is damaged. I tried to call them on Monday, all you get is a recorded message that says don't call on Monday or Tuesday cause we are busy. I have called numerous times, tried register online, etc to no avail.
I finally after days of trying got some girl in India? who knows, that told me she couldn't help me because I wasn't him, I retorted that I was sick of this, this was nothing but a scam and that I was going to the Attorney general and Insurance commissioner. She finally relented and is going to send me the claim forms and sent me a statement of coverage. I left a call back message 3 hours ago and they just called back. again fromIndia, Pakistan or other third world location, who knows. I am glad we have the coverage but I am really scared that this is nothing but a device to collect funds and pay nothing out. I have a form filled out for the state insurance commissioner at the ready.

John Hancock approved my relative's claim in only three weeks.
Here's what we did:

Here's The Trick to Making Long-Term Care Insurance Claims Easy – Long-Term Care Insurance | A Place to Shop and Compare

Last edited:
Back