Just got turned down by NMFN????

The managing partner still really wants me. He is trying to get me a 1 year part-time contract, but he says it doesn't look good. Yes, if I do get the contract I am suppost to get a 6 and 63.

If I do go independent I am just going to have to find a broker agency. Hopefully they will accept me. I really just want to specialize in life insurance as NMFN said that is where the big money is.
Writing life and health as an independent should not be an issue. You can be contracted.

However, you will not be able to be securities licensed and frankly, it's not necessary to be successful.

Rick

Rick, I am thinking I will mainly focus my time on writing term and whole life policies. As from what I learned from NMFN is that it is very rewarding career wise.

Last edited:
None of the career shops will take someone with a BR in the past 5years. You can go independent, no one will advance commissions with such a recent BR,IMO. More importantly, you better find someone you can do joint work with and split commissions so you can see how this business can work effectively. It is possible, but find the right mentor or your chance of success plummets.

NMFN, was going to take me with a BK, but wouldnt because of the summary probation. They are actually trying to get me a 1 year PT contract, but we will see if that works.

I was also turned down by NMFN. I never made it past the very young hr person who has not much experience in HR I think. I was totally surprised given my resume. I have been told all of the financial services firms hire off these tests almost exclusively.

You are correct they hire. 99.9% off of the personality test, all of the large firms will do this. The one execpetion to this is, if you are an experienced agent and you do not perform very well on the test but, you have a large client base then they will take you.

If you personally know someone in the office then that changes everything.

How does that jibe with the huge and compelling failure rates in this business and in financial services in general for new people? I was told to retake the test in 6 months from 1 person. My reply,

"Why? My answers would be the same. Are you suggesting I adjust some of my answers to appear to be more of a good fit?"

How does that jibe with the huge and compelling failure rates in this business and in financial services in general for new people? I was told to retake the test in 6 months from 1 person. My reply,

"Why? My answers would be the same. Are you suggesting I adjust some of my answers to appear to be more of a good fit?"

For my own part I always answered those questions the way that I think they want me to. However, for the most part my personality and values are what they are looking for. I always scored high.

Back