Just Recently Got In . . . Get Out Now?

It's on the agenda for the May 7 meeting. Recommendation as of today, Navigators and Assisters will be prohibited from accepting money from agents. Agents certified with the exchange will be prohibited from paying Navigators and Assisters. I expect they will uphold the recommendation on May 7.

Can't hire 'em, can't pay 'em in CA.

So was it a mistake for me to give up my license? You promised you'd pay me for enrollments.

Rick

So was it a mistake for me to give up my license? You promised you'd pay me for enrollments.

Rick

As long as you don't work for ACORN or become a DBA with the Teamsters, I can pay you as my personal enrollment assister.

Pay will be 1 sixer of Guinness per enrolled application. :)

Dear Navs
Please contact me for all help enrolling the peeps you assist. I cant pay you, but maybe I can pay your mom.. just kidding

30 hours of training, register with the exchange, be certified as having received the necessary training, and pass an HHS-approved exam . . . I read this as a proposed rule.

Is all this stuff actually in place already? If it is finalized where exactly do I sign up to do the training and take the test? Would anyone be kind enough to provide me a link or some clarification?

Not sure why I'm having so much trouble finding it on my own, I'm not completely incapable of searching the internet. Thanks in advance.

As far as signing up for training, and being "identified" as a broker, that will depend on where you are. I sell in MO & KS, both states where they'll let the feds set up exchanges. To date there is no information at all about the status of the federal exchanges here or how they'll work. I've asked the question - DOI has no information to offer at this time. Everyone keeps saying "late summer", which may mean October 1 . . . .who knows.:no:

Back