Just Started Selling Insurance, HELP!!

I am not thinking the 3rd thread down is what you are thinking. Don't the threads appear in order of the last post to that thread?

I am new and looking for the thread you mentioned. Are you talking about the 'Getting Started in the Insurance Industry' thread?

Sorry about that...yes, the 'Getting started in the insurance industry' thread. Best of luck!

When it comes to starting in the industry, I'll keep preaching the following: Start with a large company that has a good training program, learn the ropes for at least a couple of years. Then decide if you'd like to stay there or go out on your own. Why?

1. You have to learn systems and paperwork. Otherwise you're making costly mistakes - costly to you and possibly to your client.

2. You have to learn how to market. How to prospect, cold call, establish strategic partnerships, effectively ask for referrals, etc.

3. You have to learn how to sell. What to do and how to do it when your marketing has paid off and you're sitting face to face with an interested prospect.

4. By far, the most important - we're dealing with people's lives here. Their hard earned money, their retirement, their families, their legacies, their health. If we're not properly trained on products and how to use them, we can cause great damage to the lives of people who are placing their trust in us. We owe it to them to know precisely what we're doing. I've spent too much time trying to get people out of lousy situations they were stuck in with inexperienced agents. Sometimes I simply can't help them, and they usually deserve better.

Start with a good company, get good training, go from there.

Back