Just what can the IRS do to get that $695 out of me?

Understanding Your CP14H Notice | Internal Revenue Service
Will I receive a penalty if I can't pay the full amount?

No. The law prohibits the IRS from using liens or levies to collect any individual shared responsibility payment. However, if you owe a shared responsibility payment, the IRS may offset that liability against any tax refund that may be due to you.
My bad, I thought you owed back taxes in addition to the O'bamacare penalty. :yes:

Good luck with that plan, you know you need aca complaint insurance in 2018 too, no fines start in 2019

I have already found a sweet loophole for 2018. One of the exemptions added for this tax year is, if the bronze plan or 2nd cheapest silver plan available on the exchange in your market covers abortions, you can legally claim to be exempt from having to have ACA coverage in place. In MD, ALL the plans cover abortion. So I can just say I am morally opposed to abortion and Voila!, I'm exempt. Thank you Mighty Orange One!

I have already found a sweet loophole for 2018. One of the exemptions added for this tax year is, if the bronze plan or 2nd cheapest silver plan available on the exchange in your market covers abortions, you can legally claim to be exempt from having to have ACA coverage in place. In MD, ALL the plans cover abortion. So I can just say I am morally opposed to abortion and Voila!, I'm exempt. Thank you Mighty Orange One!
Great, have you already file through the marketplace, that exemption needs to be filed during open enrollment,

Penalty can only be assessed thru refund.

Single carrier counties and abortion plans can get a new exemption, must file with marketplace anytime and is retroactive for 2917 and 2018

Affordabity exemption filed on return is another popular exemption to try to see if qualify

Back