Kaiser Permanente appointment worth it?

tricha2u

Hello All:

Im newly going independent and i was looking at Kaiser Permanente appointments in california... it showed a commission of $13.10 per person. I almost fell out my chair... so my question is to the senior agents selling in california... is it even worth getting appointed with them?

That's old. They changed it a few months ago to 7% to equal what KPChoice/CalChoice is paying out on small group.

If you are going to write Kaiser, you may want to consider writing it through KPChoice/CalChoice instead of direct, you will always get max payout that way, regardless of what kaiser does in house.

Plus, you can do multiple carrier plans for small group that way.

Welcome to CHOICE Administrators

After losing a few potential clients that wanted nothing else but KP I got appointed with them. Never hurts to have as many options for your clients as possible.

Once you actually educate the client regarding HMO's and how they work most will likely choose a PPO! I give them the facts and then let them decide...on a PPO!!

If you're talking about the Medicare Kaiser Permanente products, you are lucky. Here in Georgia, they don't allow Brokers and Agents, not even Agencies, to sell their Medicare Plans. Only salaried agents, inside of Kaiser Permanente.

It's a shame. I've seen it, and it's a WONDERFUL plan.

Once you actually educate the client regarding HMO's and how they work most will likely choose a PPO! I give them the facts and then let them decide...on a PPO!!

I hear what you are saying. But sometimes we run into that client where all he/she wants is KP and if you are not the one to give it to them no matter what we tell them then they are going to find someone else.

It's a fact that people have a love/hate relationship with KP. "I've been with a KP group plan the last 15 years and I LOVE THEM. Now I need to go on a indi plan, what ya got for me? or it's "please don't even think about quoting KP. I've heard to many horror stories"

I have Kaiser on myself. They are great if you never have a claim. Then you will have a problem. Everytime one of my kids have to go to the E.R., they find a reason not to pay the bill in full. I have to file a complaint with the ins dept every time to get them to do what they should do without me having to file a complaint.

Back