Know any gay doctors in Austin, TX?

2112Greg

Guru
100+ Post Club
This, actually, is a serious question...I did a presentation to about 25 realtors yesterday and one of the contacts from it that I had is gay and just moved here from out of state. I asked if he had any doctors and said no, but wanted one that was either gay or gay-friendly.

I have never had someone request this type of thing before, but in the interest of customer service, I told him I'd do my best to make sure that a doctor (GP would be fine) who meets those criteria would be in-network.

Can anyone help?

I saw a T-Shirt yesterday. It said 'Keep Austin Wierd'.

Seriously, I doubt a Dr would advertise or broadcast his sexual orientation, but I think if you were to go to an upscale gay bar and asked the question, you might get an answer. That would be testimonial material for your next mailer to your new niche market ;)

Why in the world would they request a gay doctor? Shouldn't the requirement be a good doctor.

That's bizarre, like me asking for an Italian doctor. Wait, do they even exist? LOL

I swear the doctor who gave me my first high school physical was gay friendly, ha ha.

heh...Keep Austin Weird is the unofficial slogan of the city, actually. It's a reflection of the whackjob politics that run this place and the odd/Bohmenian culture that is prevalent here.

But yea, I wouldn't think a doctor would advertise his personal orientation, per se, but if there is a gay or straight, actually, doctor that is well-liked by the gay community, that would solve the problem.

Is there a gay newspaper in Austin? Actaully here in Philly there is a publication called The Philadelphia Gay News. Maybe a physician who is gay friendly would advertise in such a publication.:wideeyed:

Last edited:
Back