Labor Day Weekend....2019 Edition

Post you interesting prospecting/client stories and musings that you have or will encounter for this Labor Day weekend....Good or Bad

Me:
  • pros - I'm slowly overcoming my fear of door knocking; some of the neighborhoods are nicer than I expected (aka I'm not dodging thugs, bullets, in sketchy hood areas); the weather is warm but sunny and pleasant
  • cons - one lady lost her mind temporarily and called me back (after I left a delivery notice); she demanded to know what it was about but since she called from a number I didn't recognize I could not look up her data in my system; I asked for her name but instead she began ranting about leaving notices etc. I could sense in her tone that she was irate and I decided to disconnect the call because I refuse to allow negative prospects to stay on my line if I sense they are becoming beligerent/abusive ...and all over a piece of paper lol
  • pros - I have set quite a bit of appointments (with older leads who never answered phone; door knocks)
  • cons - one lady forgot the appointment but requested a reschedule; a lot of people are requesting appointment after labor day
  • pros - my manager is having a get together and I rarely turn down free food and drinks
  • cons - managers live out of town and I am not looking forward to the distance/drive

I’ll be on the doors Monday ... I plan on routing up a bunch of my 50-something year old leads who apparently defy the FE demographic and have regular jobs ... Working on a September to Remember. I usually work one Saturday a month ... might work two or three in September. I won’t be on the doors for more than an 8 hour shift at a time though. I don’t want to burn out like I did after last year’s December to Remember.

For the record, I quit the delivery notices for the time being. My routes are spread out enough that I’m not doubling back when they call as I am often two or three stops away by that time, which means I am likely an hour or more down the road. If they aren’t home when I knock, I note the day of the week and the time of the day on the lead card and it goes back into the rotation for the next time I route up that area.

For the record, I quit the delivery notices for the time being. My routes are spread out enough that I’m not doubling back when they call as I am often two or three stops away by that time, which means I am likely an hour or more down the road. If they aren’t home when I knock, I note the day of the week and the time of the day on the lead card and it goes back into the rotation for the next time I route up that area.

Yeah I’m on the fence about them.

On one hand I want to be able to re-knock if they don’t answer first time and I’m in the area later. I feel like if they see it, do nothing then maybe they get irate if I put up another one later.

I realized this today after that crazy lady called me from a different number that’s on her lead card, refused to give me her name so I could look up her lead card - that I might inadvertently end up knocking her door again since I have no clue who she was.

On the other hand, I have had people set up appointments (and some call me back and tell me no - after a long bout of ignoring calls). One guy and his wife pulled up right as I was writing the delivery notice and agreed to an appointment

Last edited:
You are doing something wrong. You should have a second phone number for the delivery notice. I use google voice. You do not use the delivery notice to have them call you so you can talk to them lol ... you use it for one reason only: So that you know they are home and you go back to the right then and there. And you don’t need a delivery notice to reknock them later in the day if you are still in the area. Just reknock them.

You are doing something wrong. You should have a second phone number for the delivery notice. I use google voice. You do not use the delivery notice to have them call you so you can talk to them lol ... you use it for one reason only: So that you know they are home and you go back to the right then and there. And you don’t need a delivery notice to reknock them later in the day if you are still in the area. Just reknock them.

Oh! So is this what you are saying?....

So one line for delivery notices (so if people call you know it’s from a delivery notice)

One line for appointment setting

And another line for your personal calls

And don’t call them back/answer phone? Just go back over to their house (IF you’re still in the area)? This is assuming that the number they call you back from is the same number they put on the lead card.....what if they changed their number how do you know what house to go back to?

Last edited:
I’ll be on the doors Monday ... I plan on routing up a bunch of my 50-something year old leads who apparently defy the FE demographic and have regular jobs ... Working on a September to Remember. I usually work one Saturday a month ... might work two or three in September. I won’t be on the doors for more than an 8 hour shift at a time though. I don’t want to burn out like I did after last year’s December to Remember.

Whats september to remember?

Since youre knocking on doors on Monday, and Monday is a holiday, it will be okay as long as we dont call prospects on holiday?

Back