Larry Klein...

Speaking of bad press...

screwedbylarry.blogspot.com

outlarryklein.blogspot.com

And let's not forget:

CFP Board Public Disciplinary History:
Effective Date: 7/10/1998
In July 1998, CFP Board suspended Mr. Klein’s right to use the CFP marks for five years. Mr. Klein disclosed to CFP Board that, in 1997, he had entered into an offer of settlement with the NASD in which he agreed to be barred from association with any member of the NASD in any capacity and fined $160,000. CFP Board further discovered that Mr. Klein had represented himself to the public as a CFP certificant during 1998, despite having had his right to do so suspended for one year and one day by the Board of Professional Review in 1997. Mr. Klein petitioned for reinstatement and the Board of Professional Review reinstated his certification in 2003.

Effective Date: 8/8/1997
In August 1997, CFP Board suspended Mr. Klein’s right to use the CFP marks for one year and one day after it discovered that he had been fined $150,000, suspended from association with any NASD member in any capacity for six months and required to re-qualify for NASD membership by examination. These sanctions were based on findings that Mr. Klein made material misstatements and recommendations that were unsuitable for his clients in connection with the sale of securities.

Speaking of bad press...

screwedbylarry.blogspot.com

outlarryklein.blogspot.com

The guy may have some compliance problems, but he has some good marketing ideas and some interesting viewpoints on the industry.

Sometimes people who are 'out there' on the edge, are the most interesting. You should read a biography of T. Edison or H. Ford to see what I mean. I don't excuse Larry, but I don't dismiss what 'intelligence' he brings to the field.

Not everything is always black or white in this or any other business. And with the media (and this board) sometimes you only get one side of the story.

Just my opinion on the matter. YMMV.

Al

And dont forget John Dillinger.

"You get much further with a gun and a smile than just a smile alone".

You folks mean to say that there was not one article on his blog that had any worthwhile information? You are going to tell me that there is someone, anyone on this board that could have done a better job on this topic:

http://insurance-agent-leads.blogspot.com/2006/10/life-insurance-companies-and-their.html

I don't think the guy is a god, or a guru, but he is intelligent and in my mind is worthy to be listened to. Disagree with him if you wish, dislike him for his past if you will, but he knows what he knows.

No one is perfect. We've all fallen off the horse or wagon a few times in our lives.

What do they say? Hate the sin but love the sinner? I read his entire blog and found nothing to disagree with in any of his articles... the one I posted above is absoluete brilliance IMO... and I've been in sales for 35 years... which is longer than some of you have been on the planet.

You can learn from everyone.

Al

I understand the bad reputation because of his bankruptcy with NF Communication company. This was due to the company selling internet leads that many agents said were worthless.

But, his books and tapes are a must buy. The guy is very intelligent and I have used his books and tapes to increase my sales. He really makes a lot of sense.

If you haven't bought his book or CDs, you've missed out on some good training.

His annuity marketing approach is to run ads in senior publications offering a free booklet. He said the best prospects are people who own annuities.

Back