Las Vegas Meet and Greet

Discussion in 'General Insurance Agent Discussions' started by Matthew King, Jul 14, 2017.

1. nylife11023

nylife11023 Guru

That would NEVER happen on this chat board.
    :yes: :laugh:

2. LostDollar

LostDollar Guru

State:
    Kansas
    It is a trite and hackneyed phrase which trivializes the boldness of the human spirit expressed in aviation and its history and belittles the skill and knowledge of pilots.

How many American service men and women do you suppose are alive today because of a bold helicopter pilot in Vietnam who flew into machine gun fire again and again and again and....................... to rescue them? You have absolutely no f''ing clue.

3. entrep1776

entrep1776 Guru

read what they have to say. & most likely not respond.

I've read many of LD's posts over 7 months. He seems to have good intentions. But, hoping he finds something that is more rewarding for him.

----------

i was captain in AF.

Uncle that inspired to go into AF flew KC135s in AF. He's one i got old bold from. He just retired from flying executive jets. Mainly cause he wrote manual that said 70 years old might be too old to be flying ;) & he turned 70.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  4. rousemark

rousemark Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    I will disagree with your description of the term.. It has long been a piece of wisdom passed along to Air Force fighter pilots. It does not refer to not going into harms way when the job calls for it but is intended to discourage a pilot from hot dogging. Am reading John McCain's 13 Soldiers and he quotes a passage where the phrase is quoted to Wild Weasel trainees. You are going find a bolder group than Weasel flyers.

5. entrep1776

entrep1776 Guru

Did you check out Slickdeals.net? Last deal I got off there was $20 of Redbox credit for $12. On one deal guy was talking about having twins & how expensive. Another guy said kids cost $230,000 to raise. I said using SD site could raise kid for $23,000. SD has saved me tons of money over time. Although recently I bought a full 20 plus pot & pan set from jc Penney for $30 after rebate normally $130. not sure needed another pot and pan set so sometimes spend money instead of saving. I have no affiliation with SD.

6. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    Almost as fast as an F-16 but it's a Cessna 172.

And I agree about the bold pilot comment. Taking stupid chances can be deadly.

Rick

7. entrep1776

entrep1776 Guru

I knew you were joking about Terrorflying. Not buzzing Bellagio fountains!?

Started working on my private license many moons ago in Cessna 152. Took Cessna 172 class while in AF. Also got to Solo in glider. Never finished my private license. Didn't get selected for pilot training. But got some good rides/air shows while in AF.

Do you get out flying much. Gotta be great flying over grand canyon /downtown Vegas? Can you fly at night?

8. LostDollar

LostDollar Guru

State:
    Kansas
  9. entrep1776

entrep1776 Guru

My uncle still might fly some in small single prop. But, sure he is missing flying a jet. With 7 company executives, Lots of risk to company & pax, if something like heart attack/stroke for pilot.

Did you give any thoughts to my prior post about getting a dog, becoming an appointment setter, or spending time on slickdeals.net? I was being little bit blunt, but can't really imagine posting about being an insurance agent with having no skin in the game being that worthwhile. & thinking some of your posts get confusing for others even though your sig block has that you are medicare customer. & hope my suggestions are helpful. But, different strokes for different folks, I guess.

10. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    I don't fly as much as I'd like mainly because it's to damn hot. Plus I'd much rather get paid for rental on my plane.

I suspect I could fly at night now that the FAA has basically eliminated Class 3 medicals. Previously I couldn't because of being somewhat color blind. However, even if I don't have the restriction it's probably best that I don't fly at night. If I had an incident the claim could be made that I knew it was not a good idea.

Rick