Lead issues lately

IOENO

How y’all doing? Ive been lurking for a while and finally decided to create an account. Been in the FE industry over a decade

Anyway, Anyone been having terrible direct mail lead pulls over the last few months? My Pull has been cut in half or worse over the last few months. Not to mention its been taking about a week or so longer to get the leads. My vendor says it’s because of the election, the virus, the holidays, etc. So just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem or if I need to permanently switch vendors? I do have a couple of drops pending with another vendor that should come in in the next week or 2, so ill see how that goes.

Ive tried a few times to supplement my lack of leads with Facebook leads and those have been a joke lately too. Cant even get 20-25 FB leads in a week and the ones I do get are junk. Ive worked FB leads in the past and had some decent success with them, but lately I haven’t had much luck with those either. You?

Thanks and Take care

Lead flow has been a Challenge the last few months. Are you on a fixed price program? I would recommend that for sure. Also, where are you getting your fb leads? Generally FB leads are a third the quality of direct mail. So if you buy 20 DM get 60+ FB to expect the same results.

Also, with FB leads...
Call then right away!!!
Keep calling, text and email them!!!

How y’all doing? Ive been lurking for a while and finally decided to create an account. Been in the FE industry over a decade

Anyway, Anyone been having terrible direct mail lead pulls over the last few months? My Pull has been cut in half or worse over the last few months. Not to mention its been taking about a week or so longer to get the leads. My vendor says it’s because of the election, the virus, the holidays, etc. So just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem or if I need to permanently switch vendors? I do have a couple of drops pending with another vendor that should come in in the next week or 2, so ill see how that goes.

Ive tried a few times to supplement my lack of leads with Facebook leads and those have been a joke lately too. Cant even get 20-25 FB leads in a week and the ones I do get are junk. Ive worked FB leads in the past and had some decent success with them, but lately I haven’t had much luck with those either. You?

Thanks and Take care
Yes FE direct mail lead responses have been WAY down all through the election season and Medicare season. Halved or worse in some areas.

If you are on set price leads just be thankful you weren't eating the cost of the mailings. If you were price per mailing, you have been getting killed on that but it should be back to normal in January.

Yes FE direct mail lead responses have been WAY down all through the election season and Medicare season. Halved or worse in some areas.

If you are on set price leads just be thankful you weren't eating the cost of the mailings. If you were price per mailing, you have been getting killed on that but it should be back to normal in January.
Thanks for the response. I didn’t get hurt this bad the last couple years during Medicare AEP. It’s been really bad. I guess the election and Virus is what made it that much worse.

I’m a per thousand guy. I Have done much better that way in the past, but its situations like this that I wish I was did per lead orders. Just got to take the good with the bad.

Good to know that its not just me though, not that I want anyone to do bad, just so I can have better expectations going forward.

Thanks again

Mail has been pretty slow for all the reasons mentioned above. I always recommend going through someone who has a relationship with a big vendor that has negotiated national fixed cost per lead. Being in Ohio, I’ve run my own drops before and its definitely worth going through someone like an IMO. Best of luck figuring this thing out man!

There’s no magic to fixed cost . Good areas subsidize bad areas . But if the National Avg’s fall then the cost will rise for all . Rgi for instance charges around $30 a lead . That’s around a 1.5% response rate or $450 a 1000 . I’m assuming it costs them around $300-$330 a 1000 to mail . So if response rate drops to 1% that’s $300 a 1000 rgi is getting which means they’ll have to raise the cost to $35 to $40 a card ( in certain areas rgi charges the IMO $38 plus depending on his mix of business ) . That’s why Newby won’t do fixed cost in some states as it raises the overall cost of his mailers .

Senior Life Ins. Co. has been doing pretty well with their DM drops and returns, at least with my group. Their DM leads are $25 each in most states, $32 in a few other states, and $35 in 3 other states. Or an agent can pay only $375 per 1000 and pick any criteria they want (all females, ages 67-77, Hispanic surnames, etc.) The lead also says "life insurance", "final expenses", and "funeral expenses" on them yielding a very directly worded DM lead. They may have experienced lower returns like mentioned above but I've not heard anything about it.

The TV leads is what suffered for us during the election season. The politicians were buying up nearly all the air time. TV leads are now picking back up each week thank goodness.

Greg were do the $375 /1000 leads return too ? Agent ? Company ? If your dropping per 1000 you don’t want life ins on it as response rates less

you can dm me if you are looking for live transfers

I notice you are out of Indiana. Are your leads compliant with the Indiana DNC state rules? Specifically you have a recording of the initial contact stating that they are making a sales solicitation call for an insurance agent within the first 30 seconds of contact. It’s hard to find telemarketing companies that will sell leads in Indiana because of their aggressive enforcement of the State DNC rules and list in addition to the federal one.

Newby are you saying it’s not sufficient in Indiana that the Tm just calls a scrubbed dnc list ? Does lead hero’s or lead jerk tell the client in the first 30 seconds it’s an insurance solicitation? I know they sell leads there . Heck your company was pushing tm leads for a long time . Were they Indiana compliant ? Doesn’t Indiana have a do not door knock law?My friends been crushing it for yrs door knocking there .

Back