Leaving an MA in OO season?

I do know that some carriers strongly discourage their agents from seeking GI business (like those whose HMO isn't being offered next year) since they cannot medically underwrite it. But I think what sman has posted here is correct, the company has to accept them if they apply.

Well, that's what the Medicare Guide states. If someone doesn't agree with me, at least agree with the Medicare Guide and the Medicare & You book. It's obvious some aren't going to agree no matter what proof you show. Call all the carriers you want, it makes no difference. Facts are facts. Senior thinks it's funny I called United World. I wonder if it would have made a difference if I told him I called Blue Cross Blue Shield, Royal Neighbors of America, Genworth, New Era Life, Bankers, Continental Life and Pyramid Life as well? In addition, if I contacted someone that's with UA and State Farm and got the same answer? You think that would have made a difference with him? Probably not. Oh well, you can lead a horse to water.....

Well, I called Sterling Investors and talked to thier underwriting. They informed me that unless thier previous med supp company is no longer offered then they cannot get a GI med supp from them. So why don't you call those other companies SMAN. I even asked if it was just a rule for indiana, they said it was all states. It clearly states in the Medigap guide book that the previous company has to NOT be offering the plans anymore. I can't believe you are arguing with me when I am the one calling the companies. We all know United World is accepting them.

The medicare guide says nothing about them being able to get a med supp with no health questions. Try reading it again.

erica-yawn-20030521.jpg

WEll SMAN, yawn all you want. I would love to see the look on your clients face when you try to put them with someone else besides United World.

Already did it with BCBS. Thanks again for playing. By the way, I had already called several of the other carriers I mentioned. I just wanted to see what you'd say if I didn't include them in the first reply. Worked just like I thought it would. Funny thing is, when I first called some of those carriers, I got the "no" response. But when I challenged them, they put me on hold and came back and gave a "yes" response.

What's amazing to me is that you're challenging me on something that I've already done and saying it can't be done. Maybe I'm just lucky. I find it very humorous. Can't wait to see what you say next. The saga continues....

The medicare guide says nothing about them being able to get a med supp with no health questions. Try reading it again.

Oh, I almost forgot, the Medicare Guide does in fact state that it is a guarantee issue. If you look in the left hand column at the top of page 19 (the page you've been referencing), it states:

GUARANTEE ISSUE RIGHT SITUATION

Not sure if that means something different in Indiana than it does in Georgia.

Back