Leaving an MA in OO season?

SO you are just looking for the words" GAURANTEED ISSUE"? Why don't you look at what they are saying is gauranteed issue.

Are you serious? Situation number 5 states that if you leave a Med Supp to go to a MA and come back to a Med SUpp within 12 months, you can buy back your old med supp and if it isn't available you can buy plan A, B, C, F, K or L that is sold in your state by ANY insurance company. We've already established that they first must try and get their old one back. None of the carriers I've talked with have stated that they ask for any proof that the old carrier still offers their previous plan. I haven't talked with any of the carriers you listed as they either aren't available in Georgia or aren't anywhere near being competitive. If you need to get the last word, go ahead. I'm done. I got applications to write.

We've already established that they first must try and get their old one back. None of the carriers I've talked with have stated that they ask for any proof that the old carrier still offers their previous plan.
Ok, well you just stated the correct rules which I have been telling you. SO you are hoping that when a big claim comes that the company will not ask for that proof. I am glad I am not your client. So you are breaking the rules just because the companies are not asking for proof. VERY UNETHICAL. I can't believe what a pain you have been, and now we find out that you are not being honest and thats how you get them issued. You are a superstar.

Ok, well you just stated the correct rules which I have been telling you. SO you are hoping that when a big claim comes that the company will not ask for that proof. I am glad I am not your client. So you are breaking the rules just because the companies are not asking for proof. VERY UNETHICAL. I can't believe what a pain you have been, and now we find out that you are not being honest and thats how you get them issued. You are a superstar.

I was going to leave it alone, but you are getting a little personal now. I never said I offered the coverage without asking for proof. I said the carriers aren't asking for proof (from me or the client - of course I submit the Certificate of Credible coverage with the application). Big difference. If you knew anything, you'd know that when a person leaves an MA plan, they get this certificate. Don't you think for one second you know anything about my ethics. If there is one thing I'll fight somebody over, it's questioning my integrity and character. And you've stepped over the line Mr. Richard Cranium.

You have not been stating the rules I quoted. How many times did you say they couldn't get a guarantee issue? How many times did you say it was carrier specific? The rules are clear. They CAN get a guarantee issue and they can get it from ANY carrier that offers those particular plans (A, B, C, F, K & L) in that state (and yes, there is a stipulation on that). I assure you, my cleints are well taken care of. And they take care of me because I've done what's right by them.

Next time you're headed to Georgia let me know and I'll give you my contact information and we can have a little face to face conversation big boy. And I'll do the same if I ever get up to Fort Wayne Indiana, you can count on that.

Read post #30 donkey. The whole argument has been that they do have to go back to thier old med supp, if they can answer health questions then they can get a new company. If thier old company is still selling med supps then they can't get a new company without answering health questions. You then stated that you can get them the GI because the companies dont ask for the proof that the old compqany is no longer selling. So Mr. Glutious Maximus Its so funny how people think they are big and bad on here. I am 9-0-0. Soon to be 10-0-0 next time I travel past Georgia.

Last edited:
Read post #30 donkey. The whole argument has been that they do have to go back to thier old med supp, if they can answer health questions then they can get a new company. If thier old company is still selling med supps then they can't get a new company without answering health questions. You then stated that you can get them the GI because the companies dont ask for the proof that the old compqany is no longer selling. SO Mr. Glutious Maximus, you are very unethical and I would be happy to pay you a visit. Its so funny how people think they are big and bad on here. I am 9-0-0. Soon to be 10-0-0 next time I travel past Georgia.

Can't you be more original? I come up with a clever name for you and you turn around and copy me. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So thanks, I'm flattered.

My whole point about the carriers not asking for proof is not, "let's sneak one past 'em", but that they aren't asking at all. Meaning they don't care (at least not the ones I've dealt with). Again, I have no idea what you have to contend with in Indiana. And since you're familiar with UW, you'd know that they are super competitive and are willing to accept these folks with a certificate of credible coverage. UW has been the majority of my med supp business for the past 2 years. And will be for the foreseeable future since even after their rate increase they are still the least expensive med supp in a lot of areas here.

I never said I was big and bad (6' 0", 180), just willing to defend my character against a cocky youngster such as yourself. I've got no problem with you disagreeing with my interpretation. But when you start calling me dishonest and unethical, I have a BIG problem with that. As I would hope anyone who does business in a manner that he/she can take pride in knowing they've done the right thing for people would be offended by such comments. Look, I'll walk away from business if it's not on the up and up. I had a case last month where the guy said he smoked and when I told him the premium would be higher he said he could always answer no. I told him I wouldn't be able to do that. He then stated he could pay the higher premium. When I got the application back from him, he tried to change the answer to no. I just mailed it back to him and told him to find someone else to help him. Not the typical response from someone who would be considered dishonest and unethical.

Since you posted your record, I guess you're an MMA person. That's great. Even the baddest go down from time to time. Ask Chuck Liddell, Rich Franklin, Matt Hughes and George St. Pierre. As I said, anytime you're coming through.

Who said anyhting about MMA? I was simply pretending to be a BA on the internet like you are trying to be. I don't care what you say. You have been a pain in my ***. I call things as I see them. Funny how you are giving all your biz to a company that writes insulin diabetics and takes GI MA's without any proof. I have my crystal ball out and I see a HUGE premium increase, they are gonna be worse than Mutual of omaha.

Who said anyhting about MMA? I was simply pretending to be a BA on the internet like you are trying to be. I don't care what you say. You have been a pain in my ***. I call things as I see them. Funny how you are giving all your biz to a company that writes insulin diabetics and takes GI MA's without any proof. I have my crystal ball out and I see a HUGE premium increase, they are gonna be worse than Mutual of omaha.

Like I said before, never claimed to be big and bad. Probably would get my butt kicked by lots of folks on this board. I'm not as agile as I once was. Sometimes the body doesn't do what the head tells it to. But I'll defend my character with every fiber of my being. Maybe you don't understand that.

As for the rate increases, only time will tell. I have yet to write an insulin dependent diabetic outside of open enrollment (only 2 in two years in Open Enrollment). I've got a pretty clean book of business. I know that doesn't mean everyone else does. We had our first rate increase here in Georgia with UW. 12% on Plan F. They're still $45 cheaper per month than BCBS and $50 cheaper than AARP. It will take several years to surpass those two carriers rates. There are not that many competitive carriers in Georgia on Med Supps. So when a carrier comes to town with a new Med Supp that's 40%-50% less expensive than the rest of the market, you better jump on board or else you'll be out of the Med Supp business for a while. If I wanted, I could sell a somewhat competitive med supp that pays 24% commission instead of the 17% I get with UW. But guess what, they have rate increases too, and I want to provide my client with the best rate possible. Stick around long enough and you'll cycle through several business cycles and use many carriers throughout your career.

And the whole pain is the a** statement, do you not think the feeling is mutual? Because it is. But I have yet to question your ethics or honesty. I can debate all day long and agree to disagree without questioning your character. All most of us are trying to do is provide a fair and honest service for our clients and get paid in the process. And we come here for ideas and information. Sharing this type of information (such as what we've debated) keeps me sharp. And sometimes I even learn something new or am reminded of something I've forgotten. But your comments make me not want to come back here. As I'm sure mine have for you.

I love how you twist things. You'd be a great democrat. I clearly stated that the carrier wants the letter of credible coverage and that's what I supply. If knowing that the client's previous med supp carrier was still offering the same plan was needed by UW or any other carrier for that matter, that's the proof I would provide. But they aren't asking for that. Why does that bother you so much? I follow the rules the carrier sets. Does that make me dishonest or unethical? I think not.

At this point, I really want to end this. I conceed that I misspoke on the whole OR thing. The Medicare Guide does state that you must first try to go back to your old supplement (when carriers aren't requiring this, you tend to get a little spoiled). But it also clearly states that if the old supplement isn't available, you can get one with ANY carrier that offers one in the state (which I believe you denied at first). I've learned something and I hope you have as well. All I ask is that you not question my character. Call me all the names you want, but dishonest and unethical are two that I ask you to refrain from. Because that is the last thing I am.

Back