Leaving Current Position

Hey, it's the weekend. Time to relax, enjoy family, friends, and maybe a cold one or two. I think some of the "non insurance related" threads have stressed everyone out. It's all good.

I am leaving my current position for a captive agency. I like the captive lifestyle, even though I know a lot of people on here don't. Can anyone make any suggestions of where to go from here?

What companies should I apply to?

I work in Life, Health, medsup, annuities, long term care

I went with MetLife. I feel they have a lot to offer. I tried the independent road but find the captive lifestyle is a better fit for me.

I am leaving my current position for a captive agency. I like the captive lifestyle, even though I know a lot of people on here don't. Can anyone make any suggestions of where to go from here?

What companies should I apply to?

I work in Life, Health, medsup, annuities, long term care

You might consider MassMutual, I did.

The agency that I'm with in Newport Beach is extremely professional and the training is excellent.

The product line for both individual and group are excellent, as well as the variable products.

Let me clear everything up here. I worked for Bankers, a capitve agency. Good product base, decent office...way too much hype not enough commissions and quite frankly support was all over the place but where I needed it it was not. I like the company and the branch, but I need to make some real money. My question is I don't mind being captive. Where do you think I should go?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Here are the companies I am looking at:

AIG
Northwestern Mutual
NYL
MassMutual
MetLife
Genworth
John Hancock

I also am looking at United American through a local indy office that sells other products.

I went in for an interview today with United American itself---what a joke??? A 2x2 recruiting office that was so disorganized and unprofessional. What a shame.

Last edited:
Back